Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
robert93
0 Kudos

(NC) Update 1.5 BEG-List

Ok, here it is!  I purposely skipped version 1.4, as it is either already in the works, and our requests would be futile (and may be anyway), or considered another minor revision number not worthwhile in my opinion.

Please, feel free to NAME the feature, or enhancement.  If necessary expain specific details of the enhancement you are interested in and as briefly as possible why.  Lets avoid Rhetorical battles, and just say "what do we want" as the customer and user of the device.  I do NOT work for B&N at all, so this is in NO WAY an official, "it can be done" list.....  Ready, Aim, Fire!!!

Landscape Mode for reader enabled and functional

Better Video playback/sync

Media Browser (Gallery)- Folder Browse {and folder create/add} Capability!

File Manager (even if non-root, this is useful)

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout

Re: (NC) Update 1.5 BEG-List

Let the Nook Android team release a version of the Android Nook App in the BN app store. 

This will deliver landscape and night mode support.  There are already folks at BN who are working on that app.  I bet they already know how to make it work.  Then there doesn't even need to be a software upgrade. 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Contributor
jay_lofstead
0 Kudos

I'd like to see things like comics readers for both current and older comic books be added. We need to really take advantage of the color screen.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure

I take this as a begging list. Right now, I just want some functionality returned. Namely, videos. I want my converted videos and web videos to work again.
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Contributor
KayakerBob
0 Kudos

A simple address book (ideally with sync to Outlook, etc.)

The ability to password protect individual files and documents for added security.