Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Everlost

NOOK Color™ "Read Forever™" TV Ad

If you haven't seen the new TV ad for the NOOK Color, take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVFqiiRrpdw  -  60 sec version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KkZN6qUS-s  -  30 sec version

The new "Read Forever™" campaign from Barnes & Noble is a celebration of reading. The campaign evokes the emotions inspired by a great read and showcases the award winning NOOK Color™ Reader's Tablet™.

With over two million titles to choose from, NOOK Color gives the zealous reader all they need to keep reading, and more.

To learn more about NOOK Color, visit nookcolor.com.

- Everlost -
Wordsmith
dparrothead1

Re: NOOK Color™ "Read Forever™" TV Ad

Thanks for sharing......glad that lady wasn't reading her NC in the bathtub!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Life is not about weathering the storms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

It's a semi-true story!
Wordsmith
Sarah3973
0 Kudos

Great commercial!  "By Book or by Nook"...  LOVED IT!!!

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
Inspired Contributor
Triggerone
0 Kudos

I love to read - this captures that pretty well  

i like it!

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

dparrothead1 wrote:

Thanks for sharing......glad that lady wasn't reading her NC in the bathtub!!!:smileyvery-happy:

I always read my nook in the tub. You can zip lock it or they have special water proof covers for it.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Distinguished Correspondent
vitaminbillwebb
0 Kudos

This is a vast improvement over the old ads. BN needed to romanticize their product like Amazon has since day one. Just compare it to the first Kindle ad. One of these ads looks like its trying to make me interested in its product. The other makes me want it. Now.

The new NC ads are, as I said, much better than the old Sarah Jessica-Parker voiceover one.

Inspired Correspondent
KrissyMarie516
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Take that Kindle :0)  Although an I'm a Nook/I'm a KIndle advertisement would have been a funny way to go, but I digress, besides T-Mobile is using that now.

If loving my NookTablet is a crime, I will gladly do the time :0)
Inspired Correspondent
KrissyMarie516
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

geatdanemomDT wrote:

dparrothead1 wrote:

I always read my nook in the tub. You can zip lock it or they have special water proof covers for it.

I haven't read in the tub, but the ziplock idea is economical and simple.  Also great for by the pool :0)

If loving my NookTablet is a crime, I will gladly do the time :0)
Distinguished Scribe
richardwrite25
0 Kudos

What I think is cool, and what shows that B&N is taking the Nook Color seriously, is that one news report says they will be advertising on American Idol.

Inspired Contributor
revkev313
0 Kudos

I really like the mix of Nook Color and Paper books.  I went to the Librbary store in my area the other day and purchased 2 books and felt slightly guilty, but then I thought there's room for it all.

Reading will unlock mysteries of the Universe
Reader 2
LafitteLady
0 Kudos

I guess I'm braver than I thought. I have a Nook Color and a Kindle and often read them in the tub. When I first got the Kindle, I would use a Ziploc bag but it was annoying and I always felt like it was going to slip out of my hands.

Frequent Contributor
Awesome_in_MO
0 Kudos

Love the new ad...by book or by Nook...makes me emotional...

Correspondent
ShellyStark
0 Kudos

Such a great ad! Thanks for sharing.
"He needs you, and that's very me.
-Ten"
Frequent Contributor
Moonchild54
0 Kudos

Love the new ads.Reminds me how wonderful it is to be able to read.And how grateful I am I can.

New User
Jussslic
0 Kudos

I must admit, this campaign actually makes me tear up a little.  Is there anything better than a good read? 

I opted for a Kindle because I like the design and keyboard, but I drink a lot of coffee at my local B&N, so maybe that makes up for it a little.  Every time I bring my Kindle in I sorta feel like a traitor. 

Anyway, congratulations to Barnes & Noble and Mullen for a wonderful advertising campaign.