Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Lala_Reads
0 Kudos

NOOK Friends App

Is anyone having difficulty with the NOOK friends app? I have added and readded my contacts and attempted to send invitations but no one is receiving them. The app is not working at all. I've had difficulty with this app since i purchased my NOOK. HELP!

Inspired Contributor
EmmysDaddy
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK Friends App

The friends app is still in beta, so there are a TON of bugs.  I was able to add a few friends recently, but before I was only able to see I had a friend request, but when I tried to confirm them as friends, it said I had none.  Hopefully they will release an update soon that fixes these issues.

Matt -Nook Color Enthusiast
Contributor
suzieh1
0 Kudos

I have been having the same problem.  Was wondering what was going on with this.  Thank you for the info

Reader 4
Joysinger7
0 Kudos

ohhh I thought it was Me.... ok Secondary question... Can my friends with the Standard Nook be a part of my Nook Friends... and how do I loan them books?

Reader
Tree-Loves-Flower
0 Kudos

I am new and would like nook friends :smileyhappy: This isn't probably the best way to add people on the friend app but I dont have a store near me to meet other nookers :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Correspondent
tenagail
0 Kudos

This has worked for many people who want to be nookfriends, both people should send the other an invitation to be nookfriends, I don't know why this works, but it does. Remember this is a public forum, I recomend exchanging email addresses via private message just to be safe.
Distinguished Correspondent
tenagail
0 Kudos

@Tree, this is the best way to meet nookfriends. Go to the online B&N bookclubs that cover subjects that you like, and start there.