Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
03FLHT2
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce yourselves!

Somehow I missed you lived in Ca. for some reason I thought you were in the Ind.-Ill for some reason.   So how about the Loneliest Highway and the Sneaker Tree.

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

Re: NOOKcolor Bar/Grill/Cafe - Introduce Yourselves!

Shout out to Western PA!! I lived in Erie 23 yrs. Great place for a freakin polor bear. Lol
Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Distinguished Wordsmith
NookonErik
0 Kudos

. . . . I'll have a Foot-In-Mouth sammitch, please. . . . to go with my last post in this thread because today I saw it and it looks like I'm mocking someone or everyone in this fine thread.

I'm only not taking myself so seriously. I hope no one even noticed my attempt at jocularity.

Nook Color Wallpapers
Contributor
GoldenChild

@Nallia thanks for the welcome and Joliet is about 25min from where I am so your sister's not far from me at all. Lovin this thread and enjoying all the motorcycle talk. I've always wanted to ride one but..alas I'm too scared lol

Nook Color Wallpapers
Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

Drug footpegs a couple times on my 88 VT1100. Pucker factor 11 on my KZ1000.  I would love a chance to ride it while closed to the public.

Always some bagger or a mini van riding like their on a coutry road headed to curch :smileymad:

Back in the late 80s early 90s the dragon and Skyline drive in NOVA were a blast. since the mid 90s both are just to crowded.

Mite be getting older but I get a little unnerved comin round a curve at 65+ and some schmuck in a mini van is doing 20 so they can see the Beautiful view without stopping at the many overlooks. 

For those on here not familiar with the Dragon -------->

Tail

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Contributor
myykuul
0 Kudos

Greetings, Guys and Gals!

Michael, here, in sunny (and currently uber humid) Florida!

I received my NC for Xmas and it's always with me. One of the most thoughtful gifts I have received and I enjoy it immensely.

Also looking forward to the next firmware update ;-)

M

Distinguished Correspondent
MadScntst

bumping back to first page. oh yeah cant let our intros fall into obscurity by moving to the second page!

Tinkering with things best left untinkered......wait a second where does this thing go?
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!  Please don't feel left out if I haven't written a personal response to you yet.  I'll get to it, I really will!  School is back on and I'm already struggling to get my first assignments in on time because the kids have been sick all week.  :smileysad:

Anyway, just popping in to say hi.  :smileyhappy:

akaCat

I never had the chance to ride the dragon back when I owned my Vespa (200cc, top speed 73mph -- not a six-packer.) But my Mini Cooper takes turns nearly as well as the Vespa ever did, so I may have to make the trip in that some time.
Scribe
03FLHT2
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Well I have to agree nothing worse than coming around a curve have some fool in lane coming right at you with the Sightseeing.  Looking a bike smashed up against a tree or skid  marks going off the side where its a 50 foot drop.
I first rode it in the early 90's 91 or 92  gotten to crowed and to many HighWay Patrol types

phoneboy wrote:

Drug footpegs a couple times on my 88 VT1100. Pucker factor 11 on my KZ1000.  I would love a chance to ride it while closed to the public.

Always some bagger or a mini van riding like their on a coutry road headed to curch :smileymad:

Back in the late 80s early 90s the dragon and Skyline drive in NOVA were a blast. since the mid 90s both are just to crowded.

Mite be getting older but I get a little unnerved comin round a curve at 65+ and some schmuck in a mini van is doing 20 so they can see the Beautiful view without stopping at the many overlooks. 

For those on here not familiar with the Dragon -------->

Tail

Inspired Correspondent
Niteryder
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce yourselves!

03FLHT2 wrote:

Somehow I missed you lived in Ca. for some reason I thought you were in the Ind.-Ill for some reason.   So how about the Loneliest Highway and the Sneaker Tree.

Hwy 50, yes been on it a few times, but not on a bike, at least that portion. I do the Golden Chain Hwy every year, if you are not familiar with it, it's Hwy 49 in the heart of gold country, a trip back in time 100 or so years. Most of the towns are well preserved and hold dearly the history of what made California what it is. Hwy 49 does intersect Hwy 50, right at Placerville.

"Keep me, Protect me, Share me, and I Will Live Forever"
From the Kodak Gallery, A powerful & Moving Commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdWwqAI6x9A
Wordsmith
alliecatTX
0 Kudos

Nallia wrote:

Hi everyone!  Please don't feel left out if I haven't written a personal response to you yet.  I'll get to it, I really will!  School is back on and I'm already struggling to get my first assignments in on time because the kids have been sick all week.  :smileysad:

Sorry your kids have been sick - that really messes up the "regularly scheduled programming!"  What are you studying, if I may ask?  (Hope I didn't miss that little nugget in an earlier post from you!)

Frequent Contributor
sneezyinga
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
sneezyinga
0 Kudos

I'm actually going to try this from my NC now since it refuses to work on my home computer. 80th time is the charm? :smileyhappy: Anyhow, my name is Amanda and I live in SE GA. I stumbled across these boards when looking for a fix for a customer (I work for B&N). Now I have a NC myself so I also come here for my own reference. I usually only stop "lurking" if I feel like I have something to contribute. Otherwise I like to sit back and observe. :smileyhappy:
Correspondent
valkatrina
0 Kudos

This is a great thread. Loved reading thru all of the posts.

I'm Val (bet you couldn't have guessed that one right? lol) I live in Sunny Florida, the Tampa Bay area. Married with Children, 2 boys 14 & 3. We have two golden retrievers, Shadow & Kelly.

I bought my NC in Jan. I have not regretted it one bit, love my nook. It has renewed my love for reading. I will read just about anything, I usually have two books going now. prior to the NC I had a hard time finishing one book.

I was lurking around before, not sure if I wanted to start participating in another forum. Had a really bad experience on a homeschooling forum in 2008. That experience kept me away from any forums and after purchasing my nook I discovered this one and decided to give it a try.

Well, I gotta go clean my mom's house. Have a great day!

Correspondent
KJRad
0 Kudos

I'm Kathy, a "senior" from northeastern Oklahoma. Mother to 4 sons, 7 grandchildren and 3 great-grandchildren. Also Mother to a "fur-daughter" yorkie. I'm a widow and full-time caregiver to my elderly sweet Mother.

Kj

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
0 Kudos

alliecatTX wrote:

Nallia wrote:

Sorry your kids have been sick - that really messes up the "regularly scheduled programming!"  What are you studying, if I may ask?  (Hope I didn't miss that little nugget in an earlier post from you!)

Thanks.  :smileyhappy:  They both had 102 fevers for two days.  Those two days felt like FOREVER!  lol  They're feeling better now; they just have runny noses still.  :smileyhappy:

I moved around the country a lot in my young adult years so never finished college.  I'm going back for my bachelors in IT, with a concentration in Security.

Correspondent
Koolgooseygramma
0 Kudos

Hi- I'm Koolgooseygramma- AKA Carolyn

I am new to the community, and I am checking things out.  This is a BIG place!  I don't know how I missed it for 5-6 months... sheeh!

I bought myself a Nookcolor for myself for an early Christmas gift.  I do buy myself gifts!  This way I can never complain I didn't get what I wanted!  My nookcolor is wonderful!  My old eyes love the fact that I can enlarge the print.  I also like the night reading black page with the white print.  I don't get eye strain like I used to and I am reading more than ever!!!!

:smileyvery-happy:

MadScntst
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

bump back to first page. yeah nookers!

dag nabbit. where is Micheal-V when you need him to make this a sticky. ADMIN show yourself and starting doing a little admin-es-ter-ting!

Tinkering with things best left untinkered......wait a second where does this thing go?
Distinguished Wordsmith
1katie
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone.  Thanks for the invite Nallia.  Yes I too have been lurking, but I have made posts.  My name is Kathy and I'm from Philia.  I bought my NC 11/10/10 and I'm hooked.  I have read more books in 5 months than I have ever read in a years time.  I initially bought the Kindle and happended to be at Best Buy and saw the NC and flipped.  Happy to say I returned the Kindle promptly and bought the NC and I never looked back.

However, I didn't find the forums until about maybe a month ago when I was tinkering around.  Now I'm addicted to those as well, (mostly due to all of the talk about rooting).  Someone actually told me today that they think I'm addicted.  Yea well I say choose your poisen.  Its true.  I've been neglecting everything on my time off.  Its kind of weird because although I am on facebook (forced into that one) I'm not a big fan of forums or other types of online chit chat. 

But just want to say thanks to all of the contributors for all of the helpful info and hilarious threads.  YEA LOL.  Hope to hear from you all soon.....

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.