Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
LadyTessie
0 Kudos

Re: Name one thing you wish your Nookcolor could do?

Granted I may be missing how to do this but I wish I could sideload and read my .pdb format ebooks on my NC. Well, I can sideload, I just can't read them. And/or a nook ereader app for my Palm based phone (Centro). I know, I know - that will never happen. So, I'd be happy with the fulfillment of the first part of my wish.

And, yes, I really wish it would tidy up the house a bit. Really.

Terry

Distinguished Correspondent
akaCat
0 Kudos

I want it to pick the winning powerball numbers.

Other than that, I'll be happy with onboard file management and some bug fixes. Especially the tendancy it has to get confused as to what page of a sideloaded book it's on. C'mon, it's they're just epub files, it can't be that difficult!

Contributor
go-t
0 Kudos

Seriously... And most simply, a Better Browser! I am tired of the overlapping letters in most websites. Too hard to decifer.
Inspired Correspondent
jrussell1
0 Kudos

Give everyone else false powerball numbers and give me the real ones.  Or I'd like to get 4-5 years out of it.  If a gizmo lasts that long I'm happy.

Frequent Contributor
McCreamy
0 Kudos

I don't have one yet, I want one though. I wish (and maybe it does, and I'm not finding the info anywhere) that there was a way to have some kind of greyscale background for reading. I want the nook color, since it seems like it would be awesome for cookbooks and magazines, but I like the readability of the regular nook. I wish that they would do an update to the regular nook to make the whole thing touch screen. I guess I want too much out of my ereader.

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

There's night mode for ebooks.   Or do you mean you want it to have an e-ink display? 

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Inspired Wordsmith
my9cats
0 Kudos

Do my food shopping and cook my meals.

All right that's two....

Nook Color Wallpapers
Distinguished Scribe
normysmom
0 Kudos

@McCreamy:

Try one out in the store and have the Nook Expert show you the different text, brightness and background settings.  For all of those people out there worried about reading on an LCD screen for extended periods, I have had no issue regarding eye strain.  I simply played with settings until I found one that worked best for my eyes!  It is great!  Plus, it is great for reading in poor lighting or in situations where you cannot control the lighting, even outside in bright sun.

Nothing like a fire, a cat and a good Nook!
Inspired Contributor
Azilla
0 Kudos

run quick office hd

New User
Vivvington
0 Kudos

I wish my Nook color would allow me to edit my shop history so that I could have a little more control over what the Shop / picked for you sections will show me. I've seen some pretty irrevelant suggestions made, and its kind of creepy knowing the shop is keeping track of everything i look at/download. It's a bit of a privacy issue with me.

I did e-mail BN about this issue, and they responded saying they appreciated my suggestion. If this is an issue with others, I'd suggest e-mailing BN as well. Power in numbers, right?

Other than that I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my Nook. So much. :smileyhappy:

New User
BrookeNook
0 Kudos

Definitely FLASH!

Frequent Contributor
Catfanatic1979v1
0 Kudos

Netflix is my biggest wish.

Outside of that I wish my Nook Color was a gaming machine that could replace my PSP.

Correspondent
g0tr00t
0 Kudos

Bluetooth so I could use a wireless headset, keyboard, etc...

New User
waxascrap
0 Kudos

I would also love to see bluetooth enabled . . . followed by Flash!

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

Turn on Bluetooth, and add at least the ability to read OpenDocuments (.odt, .ods, .odp, etc.).

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Reader 2
thef00l2
0 Kudos

the best ebook reader i've found for epub books sideloaded onto the nook is FBReader -- does multiple formats and can host the books on the sdcard or the internal -- only catch is have to be rooted.

but then again -- a rooted nook color allows to install the Kindle software -- since that's the only way that they will let us read books purchased "elsewhere" --

Inspired Correspondent
jrussell1
0 Kudos

Can't believe no one has mentioned Crysis, max settings.

Wordsmith
mariel9898
0 Kudos

yocalif wrote:

So what is your one thing you would like but as far as you know the Nookcolor can not do it either with stock Android 2.1 or the upcoming Android 2.2 or rooted?

Quite a few people are running Bluetooth devices from their rooted NCs.

The NC can pretty much do anything a regular tablet can do as long as it doesn't require a camera or GPS. I used to add a microphone to that list but the devs at XDA are doing some pretty amazing things.