Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
0 Kudos

Re: New Oberon cover - help me choose!

Inspired Contributor
Pokey1
0 Kudos

I love the paisley one you already Have! I will definitely be adding to my wish list! :smileyhappy:
Correspondent
KJRad
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I actually prefer the roses. It has a richer look to me, but that's just my opinion. I am usually in the minority when it comes to stylish things. The butterfly is just a little too plain for me. You have to buy the cover that "speaks to you".

Oh, I love the paisly one almost as much as the roses and better than the butterfly.

Contributor
Gimel_Vav
0 Kudos

Flutterby

Wordsmith
alliecatTX
0 Kudos

I'd go for the butterfly, but you should choose the one that speaks to you the most - lucky girl!

Inspired Correspondent
NikiGunn
0 Kudos

I prefer the roses.

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy

If your cover speaks to you. You probably left a childrens talking book up. Close it or its gonna drain the batt. If it repeats the phrase "GEEETT OOUUTT" , Get the hell out. We've all seen the movie. Being brave is not gonna turn out well. JMHO
Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

phoneboy wrote:
If your cover speaks to you. You probably left a childrens talking book up. Close it or its gonna drain the batt. If it repeats the phrase "GEEETT OOUUTT" , Get the hell out. We've all seen the movie. Being brave is not gonna turn out well. JMHO

phoneboy, you are worth your weight in gold and/or brownies.

Those oberon covers are so beautiful.  There are at least 6 I would like.  I like the Paisley, the Tree of Life, the Avenue of Trees, Celtic Hounds, River Garden, Forest Nook Color, Creek Bed, Van Gogh, Roof of Heaven, Dragonfly, and Hummingbird.  Mostly I like the Green or Blue or Red or aw heck I like them all.  I can't count.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Contributor
brucer42
0 Kudos

Wow, those are so cool! I hadn't heard of the Oberon covers before. Thanks for pointing them out! Of those two, I definitely prefer the butterfly, but they are both very elegant.

Contributor
Jacquie66
0 Kudos

Definitely the roses

Correspondent
valkatrina
0 Kudos

I love the roses in black and have thought about that one for myself....

I told hubby about them and he said they are to expensive. I may just have to say my bucks and get one as a birthday present in July.  I also want to get two journals for my boys, I have journals for them now that I write in, someday I will give them the journals and they will be able to read about all the crazy, silly, annoying, aggravating things they did growing up.

Inspired Correspondent
NikiGunn
0 Kudos

valkatrina wrote:

I told hubby about them and he said they are too expensive.

I thought they were expensive too, until I got my first one. When it arrives, you can see and feel the quality compared to other covers, and the value is obvious. My sister bought the B&N cover I originally wanted (back when there was only the classic Nook), but got tired of waiting for it on backorder, and hers was already looking worn after a month or two. (Bleeker in Asphalt.) Both of my Oberon covers (one for my Nook, one for NookColor) still look wonderful. My sister actually likes how her cover wore so she's happy with her cover too.

Of course, I'm one of those people that will spend extra to make sure I have the exact item I want instead of wasting money on something that leaves me dissatisfied, and perhaps buying what I really wanted all along later. Once I'm happy with something, I use it until it falls apart so while it might cost more upfront, I'm saving money buying what I want in the first place. Also, I don't have a husband or kids or anyone else that I have to consult or be concerned about financially so that makes it easier for me, too.