Reader 4
ckmompm
0 Kudos

New to NookC with a couple of questions please

I'm loving my NC but have evidently downloaded multiple copies of free books and wonder, how do I delete/remove items I don't wish to have or have read and no long want on my NC?

Also, is there a way to correct my spelling/typing other than erasing back to the error from the keyboard?

I thought the customer service rep that introduced us to this product said that several kids books would be included in the newer version.  i.e. Richard Scary stories but although I have downloaded the 1.2 version they do not appear and I'm told from the BN.com store they're not available for my unit? I was surprised that 1.2 was not installed already as my purchase was made after April 25 but I only had to try it once and it worked.  From what I can tell anyway.

And please, what is rooting?  Thanks so much for any help you can give me!

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

Re: New to NookC with a couple of questions please

ckmompm wrote:

I'm loving my NC but have evidently downloaded multiple copies of free books and wonder, how do I delete/remove items I don't wish to have or have read and no long want on my NC?

Also, is there a way to correct my spelling/typing other than erasing back to the error from the keyboard?

I thought the customer service rep that introduced us to this product said that several kids books would be included in the newer version.  i.e. Richard Scary stories but although I have downloaded the 1.2 version they do not appear and I'm told from the BN.com store they're not available for my unit? I was surprised that 1.2 was not installed already as my purchase was made after April 25 but I only had to try it once and it worked.  From what I can tell anyway.

You should be able to delete those free books by hooking up your NC to your PC. Or try just holding down your finger on the book until the options come up and click on archive.

If you have the 1.2 update you can see a cursor so just tap back until you get where you need to make a correction and then backspace over that. Then tap at the end to type more.

My NC at 1.0 came with a couple of kids books and one was Richard Scary. If you don't see them on the home screen look in your library. They had nothing to do with the update.

Frequent Contributor
ShastaGG
0 Kudos

If you hold your finger on the book cover for a few seconds, a menu will appear that will allow you to archive the book (which will take it off your NC and store it on the B&N website).  After you archive your books, you can always go on the B&N website to "my account" and either delete them permanently from your NC or un-archive them back to your NC.  Just be careful,once you delete them they are gone from your library,

Correspondent
W8WCA
0 Kudos

ckmompm wrote:

You can log onto B&N and ogto My Account then My Nook Library and there is a delete for each ebook.

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOKcolor-General-Discussion/My-Rooted-NC-Better-Than-Ever/m-...

Look at DrAstro's post it has a lot of good information.

Charlie