Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
Michelle86
0 Kudos

New to the Nook Color - purchase has been "processing" for two days now...

It has my credit card information correct and I'm not sure what I have done wrong.  I tried to purchase two books and an app and all three are still saying "processing" after two days.

How do I fix this?

Thank you.

Scribe
dfehling
0 Kudos

Re: New to the Nook Color - purchase has been "processing" for two days now...

That definitely shouldn't be the case. Your downloads should have happened right away. You need to call Customer Service.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Attributed to Groucho Marx
Inspired Contributor
EmmysDaddy
0 Kudos

Thats odd.  They should absolutely come through right away.  Is all your credit info entered correctly?  If so email or call support.  Good luck with your new NC, everyone has a kink or two to work through, but you'll love it.

Matt -Nook Color Enthusiast
Inspired Wordsmith
yocalif
0 Kudos

You can make the purchase on another computer instead of your Nookcolor, if it goes through everything is setup properly.  Then reboot your NC and try to download the books.  most of the time you won't have to, when you reboot the books the cover will be on the home screen, tab on the cover and hit read, it will d/l the book to your NC.

Scribe
dfehling
0 Kudos

A really dumb question, but do you have the wifi turned on. It has to be on for things to download. Just checking!

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Attributed to Groucho Marx
Contributor
MichelleNC
0 Kudos

When you say "Processing," do you mean the apps haven't downloaded or are you looking on your credit card/debit card statement online?

If the former, contact B&N Customer Service or try the tips the other users have already stated.

If the latter, it's your bank - Wachovia seems to be the worst at this sort of thing, but B&N have already set aside the money they want from your account, but for some odd reason the bank hasn't fully released it yet. This happens most often around weekends and holidays, although I have known for banks to "process" or "hold" items for upwards of 10 business days .

I work in retail sales, and see this all the time.

Michelle