Distinguished Correspondent
k2nax
0 Kudos

Re: News from this board traveled fast!

Yea, this is very true.  One of my ex-coworkers was fired last year for writing a newspaper article against man-made global warming.  Of course we happen to make most of the weather satillites for NASA.  Opps.

It is better to have loved your nook and lost,
than never to have loved your nook at all.
TNTLamb
0 Kudos

I hesitate to point out no sleuthing is necessary... Unless someone has a false identity You screen name is linked to your account., which contains your real name (and would imagine your employee discount......)

I know of few companies of any size who don't monitor employees online activities.  Most check them out through their Human resouces before hire even................

There are 293 ways to make changes for a dollar.... No wonder we see things differently
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff

h_in_Boston wrote:
Every post is tracked with the IP address. 

Mine isn't.  :smileywink:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,358

rorien wrote:

If anyone important can put 2 and 2 together Little_Wizard will at least get a very stern talking to and so will his store manager. We know how tight lipped B&N is to avoid leaks like this.

Riiight!  Because B&N would NOT want to ramp up excitement, and get boatloads of free publicity about their new release, if they now actually have it ready to deploy, less than one business day away.

No, they'd want to keep it a complete secret.  Hopefully, no one would even find out about it even after it was released, and sent out OTA.  Maybe a few would start noticing it on their Nooks on Tuesday.  Slowly, the word would spread.  Hey, look what just showed up! 

Yeah, I'm sure B&N would prefer it that way.  :smileysurprised:

- Mark

TNTLamb
0 Kudos

Mark_OB1 wrote:

rorien wrote:

If anyone important can put 2 and 2 together Little_Wizard will at least get a very stern talking to and so will his store manager. We know how tight lipped B&N is to avoid leaks like this.

Riiight!  Because B&N would NOT want to ramp up excitement, and get boatloads of free publicity about their new release, if they now actually have it ready to deploy, less than one business day away.

No, they'd want to keep it a complete secret.  Hopefully, no one would even find out about it even after it was released, and sent out OTA.  Maybe a few would start noticing it on their Nooks on Tuesday.  Slowly, the word would spread.  Hey, look what just showed up! 

Yeah, I'm sure B&N would prefer it that way.  :smileysurprised:

- Mark

I realize you were speaking tongue in cheek, but don't be suprised if what you say is true.... marketing departments are strange creatures. (as ESPECIALLY are marketing managers and their teams) They may not look kindly on anyone raining on their rumored 50 millon dollar pomotional blitz (not to mention what Staples will be spending on their own)

There are 293 ways to make changes for a dollar.... No wonder we see things differently
Inspired Contributor
Little_wizard

rorien wrote:

If anyone important can put 2 and 2 together

How many important people look at these boards?

Well I guess I'll find out on Monday. :smileysad:

Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,358
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

sweet2bme wrote:
I just found this article about this board. I am so surprised how fast news from here traveled! 

I'm surprised it took them a whole 3 hours to notice.  :smileywink:

http://androidos.in/2011/04/nook-color-might-get-software-update-on-april-25-froyo-incoming-with-app...

Unfortunately, the writer there doesn't have all his facts straight.

> B&N had already started taking submission for the apps days before for the upcoming update. <

Which is incorrect, though this isn't the first time I've seen that claim.  B&N is still not accepting any app submissions yet from the registered 3rd-party developers the article is referring to.  The "submissions" being referenced are actually submissions for those devs to migrate from registered dev to 'qualified' dev status.

They have however accepted apps (programs)  from existing Android devs they went out and personally solicited, or that contacted them directly, bypassing the registered app dev process.  Those are the apps that will be in the store when it opens.  I should think it was fairly obvious that anything being submitted now would have no chance whatsoever of being included at opening.

- Mark

TNTLamb
0 Kudos

Little_wizard wrote:

How many important people look at these boards?

Well I guess I'll find out on Monday. :smileysad:

Believe it or not, somewhere within the bowels of corporate marketing is a person(s) who's ONLY job is to montitor web traffic about B & N. few national retailers/manufacturers don't have such a department.  If they have donuts Monday, it will be really cool..... otherwise you may be facing shelves.......

lvmync

In trouble I don't thinks so, we all know that Little_wizard is actually the CEO of B&N.

Emoticon

American by birth, Texan by the grace of my Parents.
Distinguished Wordsmith
PeterDe

Blame it on his/her boss. They made the slip. :smileywink:

Some people can't see the forest for the trees!

4 Nook Household, 2 NOOKs, 2 NOOKcolors