Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Scribe
Omnigeek
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color 2 may be announced November 7

doncr wrote:

Omnigeek wrote:

By the way, thanks to the nags and naysayers -- I bought some B&N at $10.50 when their nags and whines dropped it below $10 (briefly) and it's at $12.00 this morning.  :smileyvery-happy:

Did you sell @$12 this morning?  Or do you think there's more upside as we move closer to the Nov 7 presser?  I would have sold at least half of it today, and the rest of it spread out over this week.

Nope, holding on.  It was at $12.47 just a moment ago and I think it will continue upward through the week.  I may sell towards the end of so I can buy back when it goes down after Nov 7 -- assuming it goes down because some people will ALWAYS squawk that it's not the XXXXXXX of their dreams then go back up when people realize the squawkers will never be happy anyway.  I thought the stock is still undervalued at $12.

Currently reading: Destiny of the Republic, The Heritage of Shannara, Lonely Planet: Melbourne & Victoria
Distinguished Scribe
richardwrite25
0 Kudos

>>Frankly, if BN doesn't announce some type of new content, I am not sure how much people will care about the device (if there is one)<<

And then if they do announce new content, you'll find something wrong with that, too.  You and a few others refuse to acknowledge anything good that they do.  Just a few days ago you were saying that we had it wrong:  Barnes & Noble was hopelessly behind and would not announce a new table on the 7tht. Now that it appears that they will, the song has changed to, "Well it doesn't matter without new content." When they announce new content, you'll be searching frantically for some other gripe. 

Inspired Correspondent
Nom-de-Nook
0 Kudos

Actually I said I would be surprised if there was a new device.  If there is one, and it is compelling, then you were right.  Does that make you feel better?  Actually, why do you care?  I thought your rooted NC was the greatest device ever and you don't want anything else.

Inspired Contributor
scosgt
0 Kudos

Nom-de-Nook wrote:

Actually I said I would be surprised if there was a new device.  If there is one, and it is compelling, then you were right.  Does that make you feel better?  Actually, why do you care?  I thought your rooted NC was the greatest device ever and you don't want anything else.

Because he loves his NC like nothing else. Or something. I don't know, but you are not permitted to say anything good about any other tablet. If you do, you are a TRAITOR.

Distinguished Scribe
richardwrite25
0 Kudos

>>Because he loves his NC like nothing else. Or something. I don't know, but you are not permitted to say anything good about any other tablet. If you do, you are a TRAITOR.<<

Certainly you're allowed to say something good about other tablets--and if you want, I can post the links to the forums where those comments are appropriate. 

Inspired Contributor
scosgt
0 Kudos

richardwrite25 wrote:

>>Because he loves his NC like nothing else. Or something. I don't know, but you are not permitted to say anything good about any other tablet. If you do, you are a TRAITOR.<<

Certainly you're allowed to say something good about other tablets--and if you want, I can post the links to the forums where those comments are appropriate. 

Like I said, he is the NOOK POLICE and he wants you to speak good things of NC all the time and NOTHING ELSE.

Distinguished Scribe
richardwrite25
0 Kudos

>>Like I said, he is the NOOK POLICE and he wants you to speak good things of NC all the time and NOTHING ELSE.<<

The truly bizarre thing is that you want only good things said about the FLYER...and this isn't even an HTC forum! 

Inspired Contributor
scosgt
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

richardwrite25 wrote:

>>Like I said, he is the NOOK POLICE and he wants you to speak good things of NC all the time and NOTHING ELSE.<<

The truly bizarre thing is that you want only good things said about the FLYER...and this isn't even an HTC forum! 

No, the truly bizzare thing is that you supposedly own a "reader", yet can can NOT read. Anytime I say "HTC" or "Flyer" you just never get past that word and ASSume that I am only going to say good things.

Distinguished Scribe
Omnigeek
0 Kudos

scosgt wrote:

richardwrite25 wrote:

No, the truly bizzare thing is that you supposedly own a "reader", yet can can NOT read. Anytime I say "HTC" or "Flyer" you just never get past that word and ASSume that I am only going to say good things.

He HAS read.  I have read.  Many others have read.  Noting the NC's faults is one thing but all you have done is idolify the Flyer and condemn the Nook Color.  He doesn't have to assume you are only going to say good things about the Flyer because right now you're batting 1.000 in praising it.

Currently reading: Destiny of the Republic, The Heritage of Shannara, Lonely Planet: Melbourne & Victoria
Inspired Contributor
scosgt
0 Kudos

Omnigeek wrote:

scosgt wrote:

richardwrite25 wrote:

He HAS read.  I have read.  Many others have read.  Noting the NC's faults is one thing but all you have done is idolify the Flyer and condemn the Nook Color.  He doesn't have to assume you are only going to say good things about the Flyer because right now you're batting 1.000 in praising it.

So you have checked every post I have made since the begining, and that is ALL I have ever done?

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

Sometimes I wish forums were like saloons where can say OK you two take it outside.
Inspired Correspondent
Nom-de-Nook
0 Kudos

NC's at 10 paces

Inspired Contributor
scosgt
0 Kudos

Prosecutor: "Officer, why did you shoot the perp 16 times"?

Officer: "I ran out of bullets".