Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
RaynaR
0 Kudos

Nook Color Avaliable in NZ?

Hello there,

Is the Nook Colour Available in NZ i have decided that this is the reader I want but places like AMAZON will not ship to NZ (and without a hefty delivery price for anything else like books) but everywhere I go all the retailers say there is no such thing as a colour e-book reader so they don't obviously have it and/or a clue on what they are talking about.

I am wondering if there are any distributors of this product in NZ or even at least Australia?

Thanks

Rayna Ramsay

Wordsmith
KingAl
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color Avaliable in NZ?

[ Edited ]

RaynaR wrote:

Hello there,

Is the Nook Colour Available in NZ i have decided that this is the reader I want but places like AMAZON will not ship to NZ (and without a hefty delivery price for anything else like books)

Amazon will definitely ship a Kindle to NZ. On the Kindle page, there is a box titled "Live Outside of the U.S" with a link to follow.

ETA:  I think I misunderstood. You were trying to buy a Nook Color from a third party on Amazon?

Contributor
RaynaR
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color Available in NZ?

Well I cannot buy the Nook Color here, B&N wont ship the Nook to NZ (I tried to purchase it online) and it said I must remove the nook from my checkout before continuing. And neither will AMAZON, I tried to buy on Amazon because I assumed since they are such a large company I would be able to get it shipped but since of the price and that it is an electronic I guess they wont ship here.

I do not want a kindle, I want the Nook Color but I live in NZ...

Correspondent
cinderxhella
0 Kudos

Unforutnately even if B&N would ship it to you it would be practically useless. You can not make purchases outside the US because of copywrite laws. This is probably why they won't ship it to you, you can not buy the books anyways.

Contributor
RaynaR
0 Kudos

Odd,

I don't see how that breaches copyright law if you are purchasing it.... Maybe that they just don't have a system to sell outside US but when you purchase something it is generally available anywhere.... Now free stuff on the other hand is usually nationally licensed. Like TV programs... For example we can't view any media footage on CW or SyFy because their license is only for those in America.

Ah well, looks like I am going to have to find a competitors one to buy then...

Correspondent
cinderxhella
0 Kudos

It's not purchasing the nook that is breaching copywrite laws, it's purchasing the actual books themselves. You have to have a US billing address and credit card. Good luck in your search!

Contributor
grace153
0 Kudos

Try EBay.....
Inspired Contributor
CSmithMD
0 Kudos

Yes, Try eBay. I have seen lots of Nook Colors for sale there. I bet you can someone who will ship to NZ. Good Luck.

Inspired Contributor
bchau
0 Kudos

I bought the NookColor when I was in US. As some suggest, you cannot buy and download eBooks from B&N without US address and indeed US IP server address. I bypass that by listing a US address as my address. And I download books through my company VPN which is linked to the US web server there.

Wordsmith
KingAl
0 Kudos

RaynaR wrote:

Odd,

I don't see how that breaches copyright law if you are purchasing it.... Maybe that they just don't have a system to sell outside US but when you purchase something it is generally available anywhere.... Now free stuff on the other hand is usually nationally licensed. Like TV programs... For example we can't view any media footage on CW or SyFy because their license is only for those in America.

Ah well, looks like I am going to have to find a competitors one to buy then...

Amazon doesn't sell the NC on their site - those are 3rd party sellers. As I said before, they will DEFINITELY ship Kindles to NZ.

Contributor
RaynaR
0 Kudos

So I could put in a friends postal address as my addres and just download them from there?

What do you mean you download them from a VPN? Like an amercian proxy?