Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
guinnessfc
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color accessories??

When I purchased my nook I stopped in to a BN store and picked up a plain brown leath case and same clear screen protectors. I truely enjoy my cover as it makes the nook feel and act like a book and protects the face and body as well.  I must say I do have figure prints on the clear cover but far less than want I was having without it.

Frequent Contributor
Crawson1
0 Kudos

I like the picture of the Autograph cover online, but it's not available via the Website or at my local store.  My local B&N actually has very few covers.  Did B&N just get wiped out of covers at Christmas?  Does anyone have any inside info on when they might restock?

I have an Oberon cover for my Nook Classic.  I noticed that one of the Features that B&N is emphasizing about their covers is the recessed speaker area.  I do use my NookColor for my kids to listen to Read to Me books.  Do people with B&N covers think the recessed area helps speaker clarity?  Do people with non B&N covers notice a muffling of the sounds without a recessed area?

Thanks

Wordsmith
jeanniepep
0 Kudos

I have a canvas cover from BN and it does cover the speaker. I hesitate to say whether it is noticeably muffled...it's a tiny, quiet speaker to begin with, but it is possible that the cover makes it slightly quieter. I use it with headphones for myself so it doesn't matter much, but if you wanted to use Read to Me for your child without headphones, you might want to try the different covers & skins to see sounds the best.