Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
CNookaholic
0 Kudos

Nook Color and Simple Touch Reader

Hi, I just have a quick question. My hubby and I own a nook color and a nook simple touch reader. do we have to buy the book 2x if we both want to read it? If I buy a book on the color can he get it on the simple touch reader? can we have 2 devices on the same account? Thanks for any feedback.

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color and Simple Touch Reader

The easiest way to do this is to register both devices with the same credit card # and email address, quite right. 

I've done that and it works very nicely. 

I'm currently in mid-hack on the Simple Touch to

- give myself access to the paid content on the ST

- give myself freedom to decide how much room to use for BN stuff and how much for my stuff. 

I hope that smarter folks than I will be able to make a more-or-less automated process from it. 

My variant works fine for me, but the barrier to entry is pretty stiff. 

- tolerance for the ST randomly restarting

- facility with Linux

- Linux installed on a workstation you have regular access to for backup and restore of

part or all of the ST. 

Also, in the process of getting where I'm going, I truly hammered the ST for a bit.

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Scribe
dfehling
0 Kudos

We are a two Nook family as well, and yes, you can have more than one Nook on an account. Just use the same username and password to register and you will have the same library on your Nooks.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Attributed to Groucho Marx
Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI
0 Kudos

I read books on three devices now, nook, nc and iPad. I noticed last week that the devices will sync to the last page read in a book. You may want to dis la that feature if you and your husband are reading the same book. You do need to have one BN account with one credit card, but since you are married, that probably wouldn't be a problem. I think BN allows up to six devices with one account.
Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

You can register both NOOKs to the same account or you can register to separate accounts and still share books.

This will only work for books you can download to your PC or to NOOK for PC, so it doesn't allow sharing of the NOOK Enhanced/NOOK Kids books, but those can't be read on the Nook Simple Touch anyway.

See the link in my signature.  It was written based on the original eink NOOK, but works for all three devices.  You will need to download all books to your PC to transfer between devices as the partitions of the two newer NOOKS don't let you see your content...