Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
statusqu0
0 Kudos

Nook Color for Sale

I got my Nook Color a few months back and loved it. Immediately installed CM7 on it, and it runs flawlessly. I bought it for my work commute and I figured I would use it every day. Turns out, all I want to do is sleep on the train and I barely pick the thing up. It's a sweet little machine but I just never use it. I honestly think I've charged it less than 5 times in the months that I've had it. It's in absolute mint condition. When I got it, I also picked up a B&N neoprene zip case for it and a 16gb micro sd card, which I'll throw in. I can leave it as-is, with CM7 installed on emmc, or return it to stock. I even have the original box and the papers it came with. It's running CM7 7.1RC1 and has never been overclocked. I'd like to get $200 for it, I'll pay for shipping.

Thanks for looking!

Correspondent
KLFL
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color for Sale

Sounds like a great deal.  Good luck!   

Reader
statusqu0
0 Kudos

Thanks! It kills me to have to sell it, but as it is, it just sits collecting dust. Hoping to find it a good home...

Wordsmith
doncr
0 Kudos

Could have bought one for $159 yesterday.

Reader
statusqu0
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I know you can get them for cheaper..but refurbished. Mine was bought new and is still under warranty. Also includes case and 16gb sd card (another $50 to buy separately).

Distinguished Wordsmith
FantasyRider
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately, the standard Nook warranty is non-transferable.

"Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, Barnes & Noble, Inc. ("B&N") warrants to the original retail purchaser only ("you") that your NOOK will be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal consumer use for a period of one (1) year from the date of original retail purchase (the "Warranty Period"). "

The Protection plan is transferable: "TRANSFERABILITY. You may transfer this agreement to any person by sending written notice to: Service Net, P.O. Box 1411, Jeffersonville, IN 47131-1411. "

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother." Albert Einstein
Reader
statusqu0
0 Kudos

Ah guess it's not under warranty. I didn't know that, thanks

Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

Anyone buying yours, is buying a used NC. I'm sure you took great care of it, however, it isn't new.

I'd feel more comfortable, frankly, buying one refurbished from B&N. My N1E was refurbished, was completely pristine, and I knew they had gone over it to make sure it was working as it should, and it came with a warranty.

In any case, good luck with your sale! :smileyhappy: