Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
MJL123
0 Kudos

Nook Color freezing after update

My nook is frozen after i downloaded Angry Birds.  At first I had to keep closing AB but now my  Nook won't start at all. I get to the start page, swipe the "wake up your Nook Color tab" and nothing happens.  Can someone help me?t

New User
Nook23
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color freezing after update

Mine is doing the same thing, I keep turning it off and on if it lets me. I think I might be done with angry birds- Unless someone has a suggestion

Frequent Contributor
suvlady
0 Kudos

If you had your SD card in when you installed Angry Birds, uninstall it and then install it while he SD card is out.  There are some known issues regarding this.

It should work fine doing that.  After you get it installed you can put your SD card back in and everything should be fine.

Thanks!

New User
briar_glen
0 Kudos

I downloaded AB WITHOUT a memory card and mine is freezing up, too. So the SD card must not have any effect on the freeaing up.

New User
suzan_fry
0 Kudos

Mine is doing the same thing - started after the update and also AB.  I do not own a SD card for my nook, so no chance one was in there when I did the install. 

Contributor
surgeSS
0 Kudos

The same here.  Don't have an SD card.  

Last night NC froze during the game, I had to reboot.  After the reboot the game shortcut dissapeared from the home screen.

I saw today on the board that there suppose to be an update for AB - will try to get it tonight and see if it solves the problem.

Reader 4
SopheyRich
0 Kudos

AB constantly crashes my NC as well. Other apps run fine. 

1. Purchased NC in November.

2. Never rooted.

3. Never used an SD card.

4. Sideloaded update -- no problems.

5. NC asleep during "big glitch" -- no problems.

6. Updated AB when update came available -- still crashes.

7. Archived and unarchived AB -- still crashes.

8. Freezes most often occur when pulling back sling shot.

I could get addicted to the app -- if I could only play it long enough. 

Why does AB run perfectly fine for most people and crash for the rest of us? Hmm....

Distinguished Correspondent
TNTLamb
0 Kudos

SopheyRich wrote:

AB constantly crashes my NC as well. Other apps run fine. 

I could get addicted to the app -- if I could only play it long enough. 

Why does AB run perfectly fine for most people and crash for the rest of us? Hmm....

It appears to be memory related. The freezes quit for me if I stopped and restarted the game every 15 min or so..... Latley there have been none. I think the birds just need time to findthere wya arounfd the NC.

There are 293 ways to make changes for a dollar.... No wonder we see things differently
New User
Abeauti
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color freezing after update of Angry Birds

My Nook Color has the same problem after downloading Angry Birds (AB) and I don't have a SD card. I saw the related posts and can't believe that BN would not provide a solution since this same problem has occurred for months. The screen went blank in the middle of playing AB. I logged into my account and thought that I could delete AB, but the on line delete is permanent and the customer is required to purchase the item again to return it to the Nook. The Nook was charged before I added AB but the screen freezes anyway. Very disappointing BN.

New User
Abeauti
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color freezing after update of Angry Birds

The FIX for Nook Color freezing after downloading angry birds is to - press and hold both the house key (the horse shoe sign at the buttom of the screen) and the power button for up to 20 seconds while your NOOK Color boots up. - This is the solution I received when I contacted BN support and it worked to access the Nook main screen, books and angry birds.