Wordsmith
dparrothead1
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Color or iPad?

[ Edited ]

The iPad doesn't have to stay locked down.....Just like the NC there are plenty of instructions out in the internet world on how to "jailbreak".....   This will allow the iPad access to a multitude of apps not offered in iTunes...

I just don't like the price or the 10" screen....way too big.

Life is not about weathering the storms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

It's a semi-true story!
New User
TammyK673
0 Kudos

We have both here at home too. My husband has an iPad... and he loves it. For me though I just didn't click with it. I tried it out many times too. So last week I went and bought a NC and I love it!!! I am so glad with my decision. I read a lot. It's nothing for me to read up to 3 books a week when I really get going, lol. And my NC is the perfect size and weight. I love that I can surf the web with it too. And when the possible Nook App store debutes .. too me it seems the perfect mate between a tablet and ereader.

Wordsmith
SCIONTX
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

cindylee60 wrote:

heh...I AM an Apple hater. I'll never get an i-Anything, no matter how "cool" they are. Thank God for my NC, which makes me as happy as can be.

I never saw my purchases as being cool. I'm in my early 40s and own a 3 year old MacBook Pro and 1st generation iPod Touch (it's a 4th generation device now). Hardly considered "cool" today. I bought the laptop because it's not plastic and got the iPod because it's multifunctional compared to what was on the market at the time.

Wordsmith
SCIONTX
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

cindylee60 wrote:

heh...I AM an Apple hater. I'll never get an i-Anything, no matter how "cool" they are. Thank God for my NC, which makes me as happy as can be.

I never saw my purchases as being cool. I'm in my early 40s and own a 3 year old MacBook Pro and 1st generation iPod Touch (it's a 4th generation device now). Hardly considered "cool" today. I bought the laptop because it's not plastic and I'm able to run Mac AND Windows programs. I got the iPod because it's multifunctional compared to what was on the market at the time.