Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
chuck4prez

Re: Nook Color, this is not starting off very good!!

[ Edited ]

Sroy2 wrote:

@ BFCoughlin and deemure thanks for the kind words.

@ chuck4prez You figured the miles per gallon pretty high. I drive an older  vehicle. You would have to multiply your final figure by 3. :smileyhappy:  No I didn't ask for a gift card. I was just glad that they were so proactive at the store about taking care of this situation.

As for donc13, the internet makes it really easy to say things to people that you would not say if you were face to face with them.   As for what I said about the gas or reimbursement It was sarcastic dry humor. He got out of it what he wanted, jumped to conclusions and took it in a direction that it should not have gone. So the short answer, I think I treated him about as well as he treated me.  

To answer your other question I would have posted the same thing, but would have included that I received a $10.00 gift card as compensation. What I posted was  fact as to what happened with the purchase of My Nook Color and there was nothing at all negative about it. I posted both the good and the bad of this experience.

This is the end of this post for me. I requested that the moderator either lock it or delete it.

I  appreciate that you took my post seriously as the way it was intended and took the time to respond. I hope you enjoy your NC. You certainly went through enough to get it.

Inspired Wordsmith
donc13
0 Kudos

Sroy2 wrote:

Whatever donc13. Now who is getting angry. Move along Sir.

Not me, I'm as happy as I can be.    It takes a LOT more than some message on a public forum to get me upset.

Your mileage may vary.

---------
Don
Inspired Wordsmith
donc13

chuck4prez wrote:

@ sroy2

Let's see, 45 miles....  at 20mpg (my interperetation of average) that is a total of 2.25 gallons. At $4 a gallon, that's $9. round up to nearest 5 for inconvenience, and that's $10. Did you ask for the manager then politely ask for a $10 gift card? I have found that something along the lines of "I realize that it is not B&N's responsibility, but it was very inconvenient for me to have to make the trek out here, and waiting for a couple days would be even more inconvenient, so would it be possible for you to authorize a $10 gift card or store credit to offset the price I paid in gas to get here and back, and also since B&N won't have to cover shipping on any replacement unit?"

If you received a $10 gift card, would you have posted a more positive review or no review at all?

I ask as a study in sociology, not to judge. I found your OP neutral, but not your responses to DonC. Remaining neutral with Don is an art though.

Hey....I resemble that!

:smileyhappy:

---------
Don
Inspired Wordsmith
yocalif

Sroy, sorry dude you had to go through the extra hassle. It sounds like B&N did the right thing at the local store and took care of you.  A good friend of mine had a failure just after 30 days and we took his NC to the local store right before closing on a Sat. night and they did the same swap for a brand new one, but what was impressive is that the store was suppose to call E.Coast B&N tech support (it was closed ) before doing a replacement, yet they went ahead and did the replacement saving us a 2nd trip.

I buy a lot of things online, my home theater system bought entirely on Ebay, however I chose the local Sears for the Flat Screen TV, which all works great.  So far I think out of the many, many online purchases I have only had to return one. So I'm with you when trying to buy online and save precious dollars.

I'm sure you will enjoy your Nookcolor, and hope you decide to hang here on the forum.

Contributor
Eagle-20

Sroy2

You didn't account for your 'personal time' ... whether you are a firefighter or a professional fighter I would imagine there would be a value to taking time to return a 'shipped product'??? In addition, the administrative, union dues, and or political morass of wasted action to return said broken Nook Color??? Perhaps, this could be added to tax return or passed along to the tax payers or cable subscribers in the county for which you reside? Enjoy your complimentary Men's fitness and Rod & Reel magazines...

Wordsmith
JinSC
0 Kudos

Sroy,

I applaud your tenacity.  Problems with a new piece of technology can be very frustrating.  I hope the hours of enjoyment that your NC will bring you will in a small way compensate your for your earlier difficulties. 

i have enjoyed my NC even more than I thought I would initially.  I hope you can soon say the same.

by the way, welcome to the forum...I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

happy reading!

Jeremy