Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

B&N Bookseller
MollyO

Re: Nook Color upgrade

In order to successfully reach you via email for update/NOOK information, sometimes you will need to login to your B&N.com account and make the proper "marketing communication" adjustments. If you login to your acount and select Account Settings from My Account, there is an option under Email Preferences titled "communication preferences." Make sure your settings are as desired (if you would like to stop receiving promotional emails but continue NOOK updates and vice versa, this is where you would make those changes.)

In regards to the updates for either device, the B&N WiFi is almost always the best way to ensure a solid connection for a wireless update. The bandwith on a home network can be taken up by cell phones, computers, cable, etc at home and our stores are set up to accomodate multiple devices for update and browsing purposes. If you would like to sideload your update, you will find it takes less time for the device itself to update however there are some specific factors to keep in mind...1: DO NOT rename the file or attempt to "unzip" the folder if it is zipped. 2: Drag the completed download into the main window for your NOOK. 3: Properly eject the device from your computer and 4: You may need to reboot your device in order for the download to initiate. No matter what, once the download begins, leave your device alone.

As a B&N employee, my suggestion is always to come into a store. Not only will you have the strength of our WiFi, you will be able to inquire as to the new developments (i.e. update) face to face with our associates, and with the more-in-store content, possibly read a book or enjoy a free cafe treat while visiting us.

Molly - CRM2723
Distinguished Correspondent
MiniMischief
0 Kudos

Thanks, Molly! 

So, when is the update coming?:smileywink:

Life is too short to read bad books. . .
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff

What?!?  There's an update coming???

:smileyvery-happy:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
B&N Bookseller
MollyO

Version 1.1 is available for update and there are definitely some new features. Enjoy and happy reading!

Molly - CRM2723
New User
pre-techie
0 Kudos

Hi

I check this blog for the weekly free books. 

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Unbound-NOOK-NOOKcolor-and/bg-p/Unbound

Also, as others have indicated, an ad has been apearing under 'shop' in 'my nc'.

Finally, I am patiently waiting for the update, too. I am guessing that the group of programmers or software writers must be working really hard to come up with something that includes all the petitions of nc costumers, right??  It has been 2 months and couting, waiting for the update. At this point it would be better to upgrade to Android 2.3 and skip the 2.2 . The 2.3 version has been out since dec 2010.

for now I guess that I will keep waiting. I need more patience...

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff

Yes, patience is a virtue, grasshopper. 

:smileyvery-happy:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.