Correspondent
NookVine
0 Kudos

Nook Predictions for 2011

Anybody have any predictions on the Nook's future in 2011? These are exciting times for the Nook product family. I have my predictions posted on my blog at NookVine.com

Dan

NookVine.com - A commentary on the Nook and Nook Color e-reader devices.
Inspired Contributor
MrBanballow
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Predictions for 2011

If I didn't know better, I'd think you're just here to advertise your blog... :smileysad:

Currently reading: The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol 1, Grimm's Fairy Tales
Correspondent
NookVine
0 Kudos

Prediction: New Monochrome Nook Model Released

The original Nook was ignored completely by the press once the Nook Color was announced.  Comparisons between the Kindle and Nook shifted to between the Kindle and new Nook Color.  The original Nook definitely has an identity crisis.  The original Nook could become the new low end of the Nook e-reader line, with a newer, jazzier monochrome reader becoming the mid-line model.  I expect this model will sport a touch screen interface like the Nook Color and Sony Touch Edition e-reader and, unlike the original Nook, will be compatible with the new Nook app store.

Dan

Correspondent
NookVine
0 Kudos

Prediction: Nook Study will be compatible with Nook Color
Nook Study is B&N's college e-textbook reader for PC's and Macs.  Allowing college e-textbooks to be readable by the Nook Color just makes sense, considering the "Nook" name in "Nook Study" and the 600 college bookstores B&N operates.  This also gives a good reason for millions of college students to buy a Nook Color.

Dan

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

I predict NOOKcolor e-Readers will have phenomenal sales in 2011.

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Frequent Contributor
Foot
0 Kudos

I predict Amazon is building something to trump the nook color. I think B&N has done a great job and building this e-reader. Can't wait for the updates!

Correspondent
g0tr00t

I predict B&N will release NC3D which will be a 3D reader and double as a cutting board for the cookbook versions. You'll be able to replicate food cutting and chopping by placing your hands/knife inline with the 3d image.

Audio books will be converted to video books in 3d, it will be a full Android tablet that will be fully integrated into B&N's recycled books earth friendly waterproof paper cars.

You'll just guide your vehicle through the city by tracing a line on your Android/Google Map App then sit back and surf/read on your NC3D.

Finally, this thread will be closed since you probably shouldn't use it for personal advertising.