Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
monkeyJD
0 Kudos

Nook color

I am new to this. Does anyone know how to get friday freebies on the nook color? I couldn't even get an answer when I took the class at B&N

Inspired Contributor
withfeeling
0 Kudos

Re: Nook color

Reader 2
frankdjr
0 Kudos

I added eBooksBN to twitter and I get notices all the time but the one you get on Free Friday tells you which book is free for the day and how to get it on your Nook.

Thanks, Frank

Nook Color
Contributor
Everlost
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

http://www.facebook.com/#!/nookBN

Just 'LIKE' Nook on Facebook. ^^^  Each Friday, they will put up a post with the Free Friday book links.

- Everlost -
Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

You might also try looking at your shop home on your NOOKcolor.  Most people are reporting Free Fridays are now showing up there.  For some of us there was a bit of a lag in that happening-some people had it show up, but others didn't.  Last week it did show up for me.

On your shop home, you will see at the very top an area where it says, "insert your name here's store."  For instance, "Bob's Store."  It will have recommendations that might say, "recommended reading" or "since you bought this, you might like this".  You can drag those to the left to change "pages" for other recommendations.  Keep doing this to scroll through the offerings-for me the very last page was the Free Fridays one.  This will of course only start to show up on Friday and might last for the weekend-mine did, anyway.

If they don't show up in this area of the shop, then just do a search for the author or the book name that you got off of Facebook.  Look for the free one and "buy" it like you would any other book from within your NC.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.