Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
dparrothead1
0 Kudos

Nook vs The Tab Poll

OK, everybody go vote!!!

http://www.androidcentral.com/nook-color-or-wifi-only-galaxy-tab-poll

Life is not about weathering the storms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

It's a semi-true story!
Contributor
AllyTrash
0 Kudos

Re: Nook vs The Tab Poll

Voted, NC...:smileyhappy:
Absorb what is useful, discard what is not. Add what is uniquely your own. - Bruce Lee
Inspired Correspondent
Panzertime
0 Kudos

I voted......NC of Course! Hey, you know if you stay inside when it rains you won't get Wet! We Oregonians learn that really quick. You also don't need to learn how to sing or Dance!
Contributor
kimikr
0 Kudos

Me to also with living in Oregon (central) don't like the weather wait five minutes or drive five minutes the weather will change lol
Wordsmith
Sarah3973
0 Kudos

Voted.  At present, NOOKcoor is in second place:

Galaxy Tab 24.26% (1,583 votes) 
Nook Color 29.77% (1,943 votes)  
Neither. I want Honeycomb 35.53% (2,319 votes)  
Neither. Not buying a tablet 10.44% (681 votes)  

Total Votes: 6,526

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
Frequent Contributor
MIM49
0 Kudos

I voted--NC, of course. But could someone explain what Honeycomb is and what the NC couod do that it can't do if it had Honeycomb (assume that the eagerly waited for Android update has already occured). I see that Honeycomb is in first place.

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

To early for this poll to carry much weight.

The $350 Tab wont hit the shelves til tomorrow(Per some sites)

2mil+ NC owners vs 0  GT owners.

The Honeycomb results are no surprise since HC is being developed specifically for the 7" platform.

I think the tab will be a big hit when it comes out, The $100 gets you open market, 1Ghz proc, 16g on board and front n back cameras.

Had it been availiable when I was shopping I would probably be on the SGT general discussion board instaed of here. :smileysurprised:

JMHO

:smileyhappy:

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88
0 Kudos

I love my NC, but that $350 GT looks really nice. Only $100 more than my NC? I just might have to get one. Over 1,500 people voted for the GT, and they don't even own one Yet? They already know they will like It? I guess so.........
Wordsmith
mariel9898
0 Kudos

MIM49 wrote:

I voted--NC, of course. But could someone explain what Honeycomb is and what the NC couod do that it can't do if it had Honeycomb (assume that the eagerly waited for Android update has already occured). I see that Honeycomb is in first place.

Honeycomb is Android 3.0 which is on the Xoom by Motorola, but it's really not ready for prime time. If you go on XDA or the other techie boards the uproar is on because Google has not released the source code for it. You can root a NC to Honeycomb at the moment, or at least the versions that the devs have come up with. It's supposed to be the first Android OS made for tablets.

Contributor
avibaby
0 Kudos

I have both  Gal Tab and NC for me I get the best of both worlds as living outwith the US I do not have acces the the BN store but I can on my tab wifi from A

Distinguished Correspondent
LGman
0 Kudos

avibaby wrote:

I have both  Gal Tab and NC for me I get the best of both worlds as living outwith the US I do not have acces the the BN store but I can on my tab wifi from A

I also own both, well my wife has the Tab and I have the NC and I do just as much if not more on the NC. I like both for what they are and I'm really looking forward to the update. But I will go vote for the NC!
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.
Distinguished Correspondent
lvmync
0 Kudos

Voted for the NC :smileywink:

These are the numbers so far...
Galaxy Tab 24.06% (1,629 votes)
Nook Color 30.62% (2,073 votes)
Neither. I want Honeycomb 35.05% (2,373 votes)
Neither. Not buying a tablet 10.28% (696 votes)

American by birth, Texan by the grace of my Parents.