Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
MIM49
0 Kudos

NookColor: Deleting magazines

Several months ago I took trial subscriptions of several magazines. I decided I did not want them and cancelled the subscription. However the magazines still show up on both My Library on my PC and my NookColor. There is no "Delete" button. How do I remove them?

Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

Re: NookColor: Deleting magazines

You can remove them from your devices by archiving them. Press and hold the magazine cover in your library and select Archive. This will remove them from the devices but not from your account. They will still be stored on B&N's servers and available to be unarchived if you wish at a later time. To remove them permanently from your account, log in to your account at bn.com, press the link to My NOOK Library under Digital Management and delete them from there.

Reader
gfunguy
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response. However--I know how to archive/unarchive which is not what I want to do. I want to permanently delete the magazines from my device. I know to delete: it must be done from my PC by going to My Library. I delete books all the time. However there is no DELETE BUTTON for the magazines and therefore no way to delete them. Sort of like the same problem we had with the famous cookbook. I know I will not want to resubscribe to these magazines in the future. I thought after cancelling the subscription that they would finally disappear from my NC. This is not happening. How do I get these magazines OFF my NC and also my PC??

Correspondent
Perry_Mason
0 Kudos

You can also delete them permanently by logging onto your B&N account online and going to your books and select the magazine tab and then the delete button for the magazines you wish to get rid of.

Frequent Contributor
MIM49
0 Kudos

e: NookColor: Deleting magazines: there is no delete button

The problem is that there is no DELETE BUTTON. Like I said, it is like the infamous cookbook. None of the 3 magazines have a delete button. If I could take a screenshot on my PC I could show you.
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Try this.

Go to My Nook

Got My Library

Select Magazines

Find the magazine you want to delete

Click on the magazine picture

When you do that you will see the current magazine

Underneath that, you should see something that says Recent Subscription Issues which should have all the issues you have received.

Click on the issue you want to delete

Next to it, there should be 3 links, Write a Review, Move to Archive and Delete.

That's what I see when I take these steps.  Hope it works for you.

Frequent Contributor
MIM49
0 Kudos

OK-- now this is weird. The magazines are off my NookColor. However they are still on my PC in My Library and I see no way to delete them from My Library and thus off my PC. The good thing is that they are not on my NC--but why are they still on my PC and how do I get ride of them? There is no delete button and I have even tried right clicking and no delete choice shows up.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

MIM49 wrote:

OK-- now this is weird. The magazines are off my NookColor. However they are still on my PC in My Library and I see no way to delete them from My Library and thus off my PC. The good thing is that they are not on my NC--but why are they still on my PC and how do I get ride of them? There is no delete button and I have even tried right clicking and no delete choice shows up.

Did you follow the steps I posted above.  Every magazine I have, once I click on the picture from the initial page, under the magazine picture there is an area that says recent issues.  If I click on that, I get a page, with the options to write a review, move to archive and delete.  It works with current subscriptions and those that I've canceled.  I don't know why yours would look different.

Frequent Contributor
MIM49
0 Kudos

bklvr896 wrote:  Did you follow the steps I posted above.  Every magazine I have, once I click on the picture from the initial page, under the magazine picture there is an area that says recent issues.  If I click on that, I get a page, with the options to write a review, move to archive and delete.  It works with current subscriptions and those that I've canceled.  I don't know why yours would look different.---

This is what I get:

on my PC (computer, NOT NookColor. The magazines are actually off my NC)

I go to My Nook Library then Magazines

I click on the picture of the magazine

Next to the picture are the following buttons:

Subscribe

Buy Current Issue

Recommend

Write a review

Below these buttons is a sentence:

You have cancelled your subscription. Resubscribe

Below that is an area that says Recent Issues

HOWEVER--I do not have any "recent Issues" as I cancelled my subscription during the trial phase.

THERE IS NO DELETE BUTTON.

I have no issues I want to delete. I want to remove the magazine itself but I see no way to do so. It is not on my NookColor (Thank goodness) Maybe no big deal but it bugs me that I have it stuck on my computer.

New User
Otaku91
0 Kudos

I am having the exact same issue as the previous poster.  I have no recent issues listed and there is no delete button.  How do I delete this magazine?  This is very frustrating!

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Otaku91 wrote:

I am having the exact same issue as the previous poster.  I have no recent issues listed and there is no delete button.  How do I delete this magazine?  This is very frustrating!

I have several magazines that I canceled during the trial phase.  I just looked at one.  When I click on the magazine in my library, it opens to a page with the magazine on it.

Underneath it it says You have cancelled your subscription to Country Weekly.  Re-subscribe.  Underneath that is a picture of the same issue in one of those boxes with the arrows pointing left and right, so you could scroll through if you have several issues.

I click on the only magazine showing, the one trial issue, and next to it, it says write a review, move to archive and delete.

Since this was a trial subscription I canceled after the single issue, I'm not sure why I would see the option to delete and others wouldn't.  I'm in the My Nook area on the website.