Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

Re: OT: Show us a pic of your pet.

alporks wrote:
Great pics all, and Happy Easter. @riffraff - For some reason I thought you would also have a parrot.

Uhg.  Birds, nasty animals.  They poop on yer shoulder.   Arrrgh.

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Inspired Correspondent
alporks
0 Kudos

LOL: ), Understood, I inherited my boys cockatiel, she doesn't like him, or anyone else but me. Have to wear a d@#$ bib whenever we let her out.
Inspired Contributor
snickersfl

Snickers

Here's my girl, Snickers, (if this works)

Inspired Correspondent
alporks
0 Kudos

It worked. Ready for the luau I see.
Inspired Wordsmith
yocalif

I really didn't want to post in this thread, seeing all the beloved pets changed my mind.  Our Beagle below left us 3 days after Christmas, he had just turned 15, he was my buddy, and by my side every day the past few years.  I still think of him every day, whenever I move I expect him to be at my feet, and miss him sleeping at the foot of our bed.  He was a beautiful Beagle with great colors and marking, fantastic temperament, and hardly ever howled, always wanted to please.  We had recently bought a new house (new to us a foreclosure), he really was enjoying the new back yard and pool.  But he was sick the final two months, two trips and several hundred dollars the vet couldn't figure out what was exactly wrong beyond old age, and possibly cancer.  Fortunately it was only the last month he was not noticeably himself.  In the end he had stomach tumors (most likely caused by cancer) and started to hemorrhage internally.  After consulting with the vet we waited a couple of days and took him in for the end.

Our family will always miss him, and I will miss my friend and buddy, I hope when i go, maybe God has it setup that pet lovers can be with their beloved pets, forever.

I only had a few pics of him on this computer, a lot of my computer gear is still packed away in the garage.  This pic doesn't really do him justice.

Inspired Contributor
snickersfl
0 Kudos

What a beautiful boy! What a lucky boy he was to have you. He's at Rainbow Ridge. Waiting for you.
Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

Imadanefan wrote:
I don't have a good picture of Toby but he looks a lot like your Junior white chest,long ears and all. He came from great dane rescue and we think he's about 5. This is our third from them. We always have 2 but had to put the old girl down just before christmas.

geatdanemomDT wrote:

riffrafff wrote:

geatdanemomDT wrote:

Finally got the picture to post but have to wait till my technician gets of of bed to find out why it looks so weird. Junior is velvet black and shiny as you can get. 18 month old Great Dane. We lost our two old Danes fellas last winter, they were blacks too. Junior has his Good Citizenship certification and does Rally. 

Just hit "Edit" and go back in to your post.  Click on the pic, and grab the little white square at the bottom of your pic.  Slide it up a tad (it's all guesswork).  Hit "Post." Repeat if necessary.  I have taken the liberty of doing this with your pic in this post.

Dunno why this Lithium software screws with pics so much.

Thank you it looks so much better.

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i337/mamadukemi/JunioratSportsmans.jpg

First of all I feel for all of you that have lost your best friends (can't even type that without crying) I so hope we are all together again one day.

@Imadanefan,  Hi, nice to see another Great Dane lover onboard. We have our own special moments and problems with them!!!

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Inspired Correspondent
alporks
0 Kudos

@yocaliif - I'm sorry for your loss, but thank you for sharing with us. I actually started this as my in-laws just lost their maltese yesterday after 18+ years with them. It just brought to mind how special our pets are to us and what they give us. So, why not show them off.
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

And then there's days like today.  Five minutes ago, my cat threw up into my laser printer.

$#!t, $#!t, $#!t.

:smileymad:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Inspired Correspondent
alporks
0 Kudos

riffrafff wrote:

And then there's days like today.  Five minutes ago, my cat threw up into my laser printer.

$#!t, $#!t, $#!t.

Ouch, your cat must have thought you needed a new " warmer" model.
Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

riffrafff wrote:

$#!t, $#!t, $#!t.

Don't you just hate that sound...you know it's coming--- hack-hack-hack.

Cats seem to like to do it first thing in the morning before I can get to the coffee.

The Danes are another story--you hear that sounds and run for the snow shovel--paper towels are not going to get it.  :smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

Yeah, the printer's just behind me, about six feet away.  I spun around in my chair, "No, no, no, not in the print...er.  Awww, dammit."

Luckily, it was fairly firm and didn't get into the guts of the machine.

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

riffrafff wrote:

Yeah, the printer's just behind me, about six feet away.  I spun around in my chair, "No, no, no, not in the print...er.  Awww, dammit."

Luckily, it was fairly firm and didn't get into the guts of the machine.

Oh yea, good visual   :smileyvery-happy:

1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Scribe
03FLHT2
0 Kudos

No they always seem to want to do it as your waking up in the morning.  Not quite out of bed and on something you don't want them on.  The bed or cloths laid out the night before.

Wordsmith
kingskidjan

I too sympathize with all who lost their friends. I lost my Daisy -rescue at 1yr old, full German Shepherd-last Fathers day at age 11. She had a toe removed for cancer and then fell down a couple of stairs going outside and couldn't even wag her tail or stand--they think she broke her back. She was the sweetest dog, would even let the baby pull on her tongue and just lick him and look at me with that "do I have to mom" look. I got her right after my 30 year marriage ended, for my daughter for Christmas. It took her almost 3 months before she felt safe enough to bark. She was loyal and trustworthy-an excellent replacement for husband. :smileyvery-happy:. Right now I couldn't have another animal because Zack--18 month old grandson--likes to carry animals around by their heads :smileyvery-happy:. I would recommend rescue to anyone wanting a good loving pet. Every major breed has a rescue--I made up my mind what breed I wanted and they found one in my area. No pics right now as I'm on my NC
Frequent Contributor
Nokomarie

This is Molly Wondermutt

Photobucket

And this little guy is Sammy

Photobucket

Contributor
jerseyboyOW
0 Kudos

I have a bearded dragon lizard 16 incches I love her to death! Sadly I don't hae a pic
Contributor
skullmom
0 Kudos

skullmom
Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing

[ Edited ]

My precious, precious, Precious.  We call her 'Stinky", but her name is London.  I lurves mah Stinkey!!!!

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Frequent Contributor
robErob

Here's my girl Pepsi: PepsiAnd my other one Kola: Kola
WOOF!!