Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
CindySNJ
0 Kudos

Optimum TV app on rooted nook?

Hi:

Has anyone tried the new optimum TV app on a rooted nook?  Supposed to be for android tablets and Ipad.  I'ld like to be able to watch TV on my nook.

Ed

Ed Sciano, not CindySNJ as it says at the top.
Distinguished Wordsmith
NookonErik
0 Kudos

Re: Optimum TV app on rooted nook?

I tried the Optimum TV App, but I don't think it allows you to watch TV. It only let's you access your account and set your DVR(s). It didn't work too well for me. I deleted it. I think it's one of those Android Apps that expects to be on a phone in order for it to work.

Nook Color Wallpapers
Wordsmith
mariel9898
0 Kudos

The current Optimum Android app does not let you watch TV. It's only for looking up listings and setting you DVR from anywhere. I don't know when the newer one will come out, but I believe there is a lot of legal problems around it.

Frequent Contributor
CindySNJ
0 Kudos

Hi:

This is the new app I am referring to:

Watching TV anywhere in your house on an iPad is what consumers want. Cablevision, a cabletv service, delivered a free app for the iPad that does just that. The iPad app delivers the full cable television experience to the Apple Tablet, and allows the iPad to function as a television. Like all additional outlets, it is free to existing Optimum cable television customers.

The Optimum iPad app has been available in iTunes since April 2nd and the average rating is 4 stars. Many users are loving the app and calling it amazing. In contrast to the Time Warner iPad TVapp, the Cablevision solution gets you access to all channels you already pay for.

On their TV ads, it says it works for android also.

Ed

Ed Sciano, not CindySNJ as it says at the top.
Inspired Wordsmith
donc13
0 Kudos

CindySNJ wrote:

Hi:

This is the new app I am referring to:

Watching TV anywhere in your house on an iPad is what consumers want. Cablevision, a cabletv service, delivered a free app for the iPad that does just that. The iPad app delivers the full cable television experience to the Apple Tablet, and allows the iPad to function as a television. Like all additional outlets, it is free to existing Optimum cable television customers.

The Optimum iPad app has been available in iTunes since April 2nd and the average rating is 4 stars. Many users are loving the app and calling it amazing. In contrast to the Time Warner iPad TVapp, the Cablevision solution gets you access to all channels you already pay for.

On their TV ads, it says it works for android also.

Ed

That sounds like you need to be subscribed to Cablevision service, much like to get the "internet TV" from Xfinity, you need to be a Comcast customer.

And while the app may be free, I have no idea if there's a charge to USE the app.

---------
Don
Wordsmith
mariel9898
0 Kudos

Here is recent article:

http://www.4dik.com/2011/04/cablevision-brings-tv-to-the-ipad-with-the-optimum-app.html

Notice it says you can only watch TV from home. It seems it's only available on the iPad right now. If someone can find differently please post.

Distinguished Scribe
richardwrite25

If you download TV.com, DroidTV and especially, TV Shows Streaming, you'll have HUNDREDS of first-rate TV shows you can watch for free.

Frequent Contributor
cristiansmom
0 Kudos

Thank you so much for the tv stream recomendation.. I had tv.com and all videos were very choppy but did the tv stream lite app to check out before buying and it's great! the videos are not choppy AT ALL!! yeah!! I like it so much I bought the full version (on sale today for 1/2 off) and am loving watching tv on my NC.. Thanks Again!!

Debi

Distinguished Wordsmith
NookonErik
0 Kudos

Oh by the way . . .

Is this for Autonootered 1.1, or 1.2 stock?

Nook Color Wallpapers
Frequent Contributor
cristiansmom
0 Kudos

Sorry it's for CM7 Rooted onto an SD card... :smileywink:

Inspired Contributor
scosgt
0 Kudos

The Optimum TV app is SPECTACULAR

It turns your iPad into a 10" HD TV.

It ONLY works in your house.

It ONLY gets the channels you pay for, just like a cable box.

It is FREE. totally FREE.

It is the kilker app that made me buy an iPad.

It is SUPPOSED to come out for Android and iPhone/Touch.

It is NOTHING like slingbox or Droid TV. It is nothing short of specatcular. True HD.

Distinguished Wordsmith
NookonErik
0 Kudos

Shaaaddaaaaaap with the iPad already!

:smileyvery-happy:

Nook Color Wallpapers
Contributor
Gadget_Guy
0 Kudos

Thanks for the TV Shows Streaming recommendation. Just downloaded and started watching Sanctuary in like three minutes! And only $3.99 today. I've been looking for something like this for a while!

Distinguished Correspondent
Chubby8055
0 Kudos

scosgt wrote:

The Optimum TV app is SPECTACULAR

It turns your iPad into a 10" HD TV.

It ONLY works in your house.

It ONLY gets the channels you pay for, just like a cable box.

It is FREE. totally FREE.

It is the kilker app that made me buy an iPad.

It is SUPPOSED to come out for Android and iPhone/Touch.

It is NOTHING like slingbox or Droid TV. It is nothing short of specatcular. True HD.

hmmmmmmmm...... TV + Nook = TV in the Can? Hmmmmmmmmmm......
Must say I am intruiged.
Chubbs