Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
affirmwealth

Pandora Listening Hours on NookColor

Hey dudes and dudettes...

I love this forum.  You guys make me laugh every day.

Anyhow, the other day I stumbled upon an awesome station on Pandora called Calm Meditation.  Love it, love it, love it.  I've already fallen asleep to it on three different occasions.

I was sure that I've used at least 20 listening hours this month, so I jumped on my laptop to see how many hours I have left.

To my surprise, it says I have 39 hours left (you get 40 hours a month).

Do you know if the hours we use Pandora on our Nooks count against our listening hours?

Thanks in advance. 

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

Re: Pandora Listening Hours on NookColor

I didn't know there was a limit. I listen at work on my pc and on my blu ray player amd neveer got a time limit message.
Frequent Contributor
Alcoholcenter
0 Kudos

I sure didn't know about the time limit. I don't listen a lot, but I sure do "oldies" when I do.

Reader 4
lilmissqtpye
0 Kudos

My husband and I are big Pandora fans. From what we've been able to tell mobile, Nook, and Roku hours don't count toward your 40 hour limit. Needless to say we rarely use our laptops to listen anymore.
Contributor
kascherrep
0 Kudos

There has always been a limit...even before nook color.

Reader 4
74mrkol
0 Kudos

The 40 hour limit is for "free" users, interrupted by occassional commercial breaks. You can subscribe to go unlimited, but 40 hours is a lot and the breaks aren't really that annoying. I believe mobile usage counts as the device asks you to sign in to Pandora to start listening.

New User
BuckupCharlie
0 Kudos

You could, always open additional accounts with Pandora, not that it would be the right thing to do.

Wordsmith
DrWho453
0 Kudos

The use minutes do not count on Pandora on mobile devices, Roku, or Tivos. They only count when using the pc with the free account. I have the pandora free account and have used pandora with Tivo. The minutes are not counted when using the tivo device and I think it was on Tivo community forum that someone had said the Pandora minutes do not count.

I would not worry about the minutes.

"It is one of the ironies of modern rule that it is far more acceptable today to affirm publicly one's belief in God, for whose existence there is no scientific evidence, than UFOs, the existence of which - whatever they might be - is physically documented." - Alexander Wendt and Raymond Duvall
Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI
0 Kudos

I have pandora on my samsung dvd player and it plays through my husbands high powered sound system I don't think there is a limit or I would have used it up months ago.
Distinguished Correspondent
lvmync
0 Kudos

For your computer if you run out of time you can pay 99 cents for the rest of that month. Or you can pay $36 to Pandora One for one full year.

http://blog.pandora.com/faq//contents/1494.html

American by birth, Texan by the grace of my Parents.
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238

I have no limit on my hours, no ads and can skip more songs.  I also have a desktop application.  I've been a paid subscriber for almost 4 years because I like to support the services that I most enjoy.  :smileyhappy:

Contributor
SenorBlues
0 Kudos

Thanks for the station suggestion! You got laurel'd! I'm listening to Calm Meditations now while I'm sitting on my patio; nice music for the setting.

Contributor
affirmwealth
0 Kudos

Thanks! I never thought I would listen to Pandora that often until I found the Calm Meditation station. It's a great stress-reliever.