Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1

Re: Phoneboy...posting pic?

www.redbubble.com/people/grinch
Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1
0 Kudos

Yay!!! I did it!! Thank you phoneboy. I have been having trouble too posting pictures. Just read over this thread went to the site and post one of my many dragonfly pictures. Thanks!!!! Learn something new everyday!!:smileytongue:

Inspired Contributor
Pokey1
0 Kudos

Awesome pic Grinchy1! !
Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

Grinchy1 wrote:

Nice pic.  :smileyhappy:

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Grinchy....great pic...did you take it yourself if so...what brand of camera do you use?

Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1
0 Kudos

Thank you so much everyone. Yes, I took the shot. Dragonflies are one of my faveorite things to shoot. See I really like to read an LOVE NC, but my passion is photography . I have a Nikon D40 Doreenpv.

Inspired Scribe
Nevermore1
0 Kudos

Grinchy1 wrote:
Thank you so much everyone. Yes, I took the shot. Dragonflies are one of my faveorite things to shoot. See I really like to read an LOVE NC, but my passion is photography . I have a Nikon D40 Doreenpv.

How do like the Nikon?  I currently have a Canon 20D and am looking into upgrading.  Been going between a newer Canon and a Nikon.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1
0 Kudos

Reply@Nevermore2: I have only ever had this one. It was my first digital. I have had it for 3 yrs. I really like it a lot. It takes great shots.....all except for night shots. And the night lens is about $600.00. So I will have to wait for that! I did get a 50-200 zoom for it an really like that. It helps with the dragonfly shots!

Distinguished Correspondent
peppyauntie121
0 Kudos

Doreen,

I'm so confused. Can you tell me in simple terms just how I would add a picture? Thank you...and your doggie is very cute....

phoneboy
0 Kudos

peppy, go to  http://imageshack.us/  set up an acct(its free), upload picks from your pc.  Cut and paste the "Direct link in theimage URL box of the Insert/edit imge utility (clic on the little tree in the tool bar above reply text box) ** PC only, Cant do it from nookcolor**

Inspired Wordsmith
Derwin
0 Kudos

That, or go to www.photobucket.com and set up a free account. I have several at photobucket that I use for various sites. But there are several free picture hosting sites out there. I just found this to be very user friendly over the years.

Distinguished Wordsmith
1katie
0 Kudos

I have been trying to figure this out.  Yes this happens to me.  I get the Red X.  What is PM box.  I located the tree, paste the URL and hit insert and then red x.  What am I doing wrong.  Even if I try to put in a smilely face, all I get is text saying smiley face.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Grinchy1 wrote:

I am so amazed. The clarity is terrific and you do take handsome shots. Keep showing them off.

Inspired Wordsmith
Derwin
0 Kudos

Grinchy1 wrote:

I just noticed that picture, and the fact that YOU took it. Simply Fantastic! Great detail.

Distinguished Wordsmith
1katie
0 Kudos

Beautiful Picture! I also love dragon flies. Had one tattooed on my back last october while in florida.
Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1
0 Kudos

Thank you everyone. I am truly blushing.

And the dragaonflies thank you!!! lol

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Grinchy1 wrote:

Very nice shot. I have the D80, hubby has a D40. There are lots of photographers here. At least one member (ORB ??? can't recall name) has some beautiful shots up on the color wallpapers site.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Distinguished Wordsmith
1katie
0 Kudos

HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did it.

phoneboy
0 Kudos

1katie wrote:

HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did it.

WHOOT!!

Distinguished Wordsmith
1katie
0 Kudos

Thanks phone boy. Laurels for U!!