Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Niteryder
0 Kudos

Possible Apps available with coming update?

I know it will probably be just speculation, but has anyone heard if Audible audiobooks and any podcast feed apps would be available with the coming update?  The main reason I rooted was to be able to keep up with the several podcasts and have Audible books on my NC.

I have been kicking around the idea of going back to unrooted with my NC, I hate the idea of rooting just for those two features, although I do use both each day. If Audible and podcast feeds were available I would be happy and content. Of course I do like to be able to check scores and weather on the NC without having to switch between the iPod Touch.

I am finding some of the apps to be a bit tempermental on the NC, the ESPN app and the Accu-Weather app, especially, which are the two I use almost everyday. I am not a big gamer, so games are not even necessary, although I do have Frogger and paper Toss.

So I may for now, unroot and just keep the iPod Touch for just a bit longer until I see what the new updates can an cannot do. Any input?

Thanks,

Mark

"Keep me, Protect me, Share me, and I Will Live Forever"
From the Kodak Gallery, A powerful & Moving Commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdWwqAI6x9A
flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,923
0 Kudos

Re: Possible Apps available with coming update?

Audible is owned by Amazon, so I wouldn't get your hopes up.

You never know, but I really doubt it.

Inspired Correspondent
Niteryder
0 Kudos

I did'nt realize Amazon owned Audible, interesting. Thanks.

"Keep me, Protect me, Share me, and I Will Live Forever"
From the Kodak Gallery, A powerful & Moving Commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdWwqAI6x9A
Contributor
MercTech
0 Kudos

Has anyone else noted the prices on audible.com have increased significantly since Amazon bought them?