Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
MadScntst

Post #100

Ya! I finally reached my 100th post! w00t to me! I dont mean to brag but I am finally growing up! :smileytongue: no longer do i feel the pains of being a double digit poster. i have moved on to bigger and better things. I am now in my adolescent phase of foruming. now i can experiment with druggy posts, the love that dare not speak its name posts, crazy party posts, impulsive posts, first love posts, first broken heart posts, first job post, pretty much everything that an adolescent poster goes through on their way to adulthood. its my sweet postteen, my postmitzva, my postutuant ball. come celebrate one and all. if you would like to give gifts i take it in the form of drugs, please no hugs.

so interesting facts about me (because yes i am very very conceited)

I joined a month ago

I posted a moment ago

I have posted 100 times

I have one tag (mad) which is the awesomest tag ever! thanks nallia (i think she gave it to me but it was in her cafe thread that i received it)

I have been laureled 68 times which gives me a laurel ratio of 68% (man having it be 100 makes the dividing and multipling to get a percent super easy)

I have viewed a total of 2999 pages

I have read 8777 messages which gives me a read to post ratio of ummmm damn this math is hard let me grab a calculator 8777% more reading than posting. damn i am a huge stalker/lurker. damn no wonder no one likes me, i am the creepy guy staring into the window that everyone thinks is an axe murder. (sorry to all the creepy axe murdering window staring guys ont the interwebz).

I also use opera as my main browser, so no spell check, instead i use google check. take that BN!

and yes i give myself pats ont he back. it works because i am quiet flexible. so to all you youngins out there keep posting. soon you will hit postuberty like i did. to all the fellow postolescents party at my house the parents are out of town, and to all you old farts, yeah take that old people i am young and full of fun i will never get post-old! wooooooo party time excellent post world du da post world du da party time excellent!

Tinkering with things best left untinkered......wait a second where does this thing go?
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

Re: Post #100

You da man!

Have a cookie.   :smileywink:

:smileyvery-happy:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
MadScntst

thanks raffriff,

i already had my breakfast of champions

2 frosted covered donuts with sprinkles

2 diet mountain dews voltage and supernova flavors

so good!

Tinkering with things best left untinkered......wait a second where does this thing go?
lvmync

I've only posted 34 :smileysad:... I want more laureles, how do you get laureled? Can I get a laurel over here....:smileytongue:

American by birth, Texan by the grace of my Parents.
MadScntst

lvmync wrote:

I've only posted 34 :smileysad:... I want more laureles, how do you get laureled? Can I get a laurel over here....:smileytongue:

laureled for being shameless about asking for laurals! I LOVE IT!

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff

I assume the diet Dews negate the donuts, yes?  :smileyvery-happy:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
MadScntst

riffrafff wrote:

I assume the diet Dews negate the donuts, yes?  :smileyvery-happy:

yes i am on a diet. so i only got two donuts instead of my usual half dozen which was a diet from my usual dozen which was a diet from my baker's dozen.

lvmync
0 Kudos

yeah I have more laureles....:smileyvery-happy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy

lvmync wrote:

yeah I have more laureles....:smileyvery-happy:

Just for fun I went to your profile and started hitting you with laurels  After the 2nd time I started reading your posts and realized you deserved the laurels. Great posts, helpful, good info shared.

You probably have more laurels than posts now..,.:smileyhappy:

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Inspired Correspondent
mickeyquickrice
0 Kudos

That isn't breakfast it is a pure sugar rush!!!lol:smileyvery-happy:

If I had a dollar for every book I have read I would be RICH!
MadScntst

mickeyquickrice wrote:

That isn't breakfast it is a pure sugar rush!!!lol:smileyvery-happy:

umm those are Diet Mt Dews. they have zero sugar. so its all good in the hood. i recommend to the supernova flavor, it is great. but dont get me wrong the voltage flavor is pretty tasty too.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv

lvmync wrote:

Ask and you shall receive....here's a laurel.

Inspired Wordsmith
Derwin
0 Kudos

MadScntst... Congrats! I hope to "grow up" one day to be at your level. Hopefully sometime soon!

lvmync

I have more laureles then post...yall crack me up! :smileyvery-happy:

MadScntst
0 Kudos

you will derwin you will. just keep your eyes on the prize and dont let anyone stand in your way.

Nookycooky
0 Kudos

I see.  So....Nallia gave you some of her 'special brownies'?    

Nookycooky:smileyvery-happy:

All charged up and ready to go...my Nook's are too....
MadScntst

no she just tagged me as mad. which i am, its more than just a clever name. damn i could go for some special brownies right about now.

Nookycooky

Dear MAD, I just gave you a laurel cuz I forgot to before.  I just checked my own stats and I was on for 9990 minutes since 12/2/10.  So, I need to stay on 10 more minutes and then I hope somebody gives me a laurel...I only have 17.  How pathetic! 

Give me a laurel or give me a donut.  I think Patrick Henry said that or something like it.

Is my 10 minutes up yet?  I think so as I am the hunt & peck champion.

BTW.....  DIET is a 4 letter word.  Avoid DIETS.    Donuts are GOOD for you, especially the ones without holes.  Oh, I'm rambling...probably hungry again.....

Nookycooky

All charged up and ready to go...my Nook's are too....
MadScntst

isnt GOOD a four letter word as well Nookycooky?

Wordsmith
melouria

Geez, all that sugar and caffeine maybe explains why I can't understand a freakin' thing you say sometimes!  :smileysurprised:

(And I mean that in a nice way so don't flame me, pretty please.) :smileyhappy: