Distinguished Scribe
normysmom
0 Kudos

Re: Price may be going up on Nook Color

Just FYI: Angulimala is one of our B&N resources not the Discussion Board Police.

Nothing like a fire, a cat and a good Nook!
Distinguished Correspondent
Ohbjuan
0 Kudos

netscorer wrote:
Yesterday I opened my hotel room mini fridge and found a bottle of spring water for $3.50 This is the same brand that you can buy a case for $5.00 at the nearest grocery. I figure the price of bottled water should go substantially up based on this evidence.

:smileyvery-happy::smileyvery-happy:

Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,358

[ Edited ]

Snooki wrote:

The HSN price is now $329.90.

Will we see a price increase in the B&N stores?

If so, I'd say current owners got a good deal :smileytongue:

Snooki,

I'm sure you didn't mean any harm by this, and I took your point right away about us getting "a good deal".  But the fact is that this type of thing could potentially be detrimental to B&N.  I think that's what   Angulimala was trying to point out.  Titles like that one day can become headline fodder the next.  And negatively impact not only sales, but the way the product is perceived.  Working for B&N I'm sure he/she would not want to see that happen.

Also, it's important to make a clear distinction between B&N and HSN.  Just because HSN does one thing has no relationship in any way to B&N.  B&N introduced it at $249, which was a very attractive price, and extremely competitive for it's functionality.  They've always maintained it at that price point.  And they've never given any indication they had any intention of changing that, either up or down.

Lastly, the HSN price on the NookColor is not $329.90, and never has been.  That's because HSN doesn't even sell just a NookColor.  They only make it available in a bundle with other items.  In this case, a uSD card and 100 books.  And their price is actually $379.95, with the price you quoted being a temporary Sale Price.  If you pressed the point with them, they'd likely admit that they charge $249 for the NC as well, with the shifting prices being attributable to the SDcard & books.  Which they consider to be a $255 value, normally priced at $131, but currently on sale for $81 (and only $51 during their big event yesterday).

So there were some inaccuracies in what you posted.  I hope you can see that without getting upset with anyone who might bring it to your attention.

- Mark

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

Snooki wrote:

Angulivala wrote:

The price isn't going up.

Post evidence for your headline claim or, in the future, refrain from haphazard speculation that puts wrong ideas in people's heads.

I'm sorry Nook Color Discussion Police Person, in the future I'll refrain from haphazard speculation that puts wrong ideas in people's heads!  LOL and SMH!!

Good topic. Some people are sorta touchy. It keeps things interesting. :smileyvery-happy:

You still have to do the community service. :smileymad:

My NCDPP badge # is 1964

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

"Titles like that one day can become headline fodder the next.  And negatively impact not only sales, but the way the product is perceived."

All one need do is READ the thread.     :smileytongue:

Plenty of posts discussing why the Title is incorrect.

JMHO

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown