Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

Re: Problem free Nook Color

Got mine at Thanksgiving.  Went thru the disappearing keyboard, WIFI dropping and sound turning off . The updates took care of those issues and it has been smooth sailing.

:smileyhappy:

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Distinguished Correspondent
dgiznya
0 Kudos

Got mine end of Nov.

Only problem I have had, is having to wiggle the power cable just right to get it in.

(On my NC that is!  :smileytongue:)

Not a big deal to me and it powers up just fine.

Other than that it's all positive.

DG

Someone once said "Ignorance is Bliss".
I have no idea if this is true, but I sure am happy!
Contributor
miketoo

Had mine since Christmas and no problems other than strangers asking me where I got a small iPad.

Wordsmith
kingskidjan

Grandbaby (18 month old) has thrown it, run and fallen with it and stood on it. No problems except when he got the screen all dirty and the pages went crazy :smileysurprised:. Just keeps on keeping on.
Frequent Contributor
IamKat
0 Kudos

miketoo wrote:

Had mine since Christmas and no problems other than strangers asking me where I got a small iPad.

That's too funny!  I really haven't picked up an iPad yet.  My sister and I researched ereaders wanting to both get the same kind, the NC seemed to be the best choice.

Wordsmith
alliecatTX
0 Kudos

Got mine for Christmas.  Except for having to deregister and reregister at the very beginning, mine's been problem free.  Like others, when my kids get their grubby little hands on it, I have to thoroughly clean the screen to stop the crazy page turning!  I'll take a dirty screen anyday if that means my children want to read!

Inspired Contributor
Zxybabydoll
0 Kudos

I have had to exchange my NC a few times. But the 1st one was because Best Buy refused to just let me have a new charger when the one that came with my NC literaly fell appart out side of the box. And the other times were a screen issue where my device had a yellow display, and I mean crazy yellow, like there was NOTHING WHITE on the display..., and the last time was because there was a 'problem' with the seal around the Nook Colors' Display where particles and dust were getting under the frame. But my newest NC still does this last thing, but I refused to exchange it because it may cause no issues at all... On another note, my biggest issue ona daily basis is people asking me how I like my COLOR KINDLE!!! I mean REALLY!!!-- Is there not a quicker way to offend a NC owner??!!LOL!! BTW, I ALWAYS respond with a comment that always includes This is WAAAYYY Better than a Kindle, and this is why... this is the part where they begin to drool over what MY NC can do that a Kindle can't.
Frequent Contributor
IamKat
0 Kudos

kingskidjan wrote:
Grandbaby (18 month old) has thrown it, run and fallen with it and stood on it. No problems except when he got the screen all dirty and the pages went crazy :smileysurprised:. Just keeps on keeping on.

It's great to hear there are lots of NC owners out there with few to no problems! Kingskidjan B&N should use your thread for advertising (you should get some freebies or a least a coupon)  :smileywink: 

Frequent Contributor
KeWaDaHa
0 Kudos

I have had mine since middle of Nov, and just purchased another for my husband.  Not a single problem with either. 

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

No problems at all.  Received the NC over the winter holidays. I don't care for how some of the built-in apps work (or don't), but no bona fide problems.

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Inspired Correspondent
Sandan53
0 Kudos

I have 2 NC's sense November. I have rooted and unrooted everything works great.
Everyone says that they are listening but, no one remembers what was said.
Contributor
claudiajeann
0 Kudos

Mine was one of the first shipped - I had preordered it.  It got hung up trying to download a book once, but the kindly B&N community suggested I power down completely, and that solved it - not at all unusual for an electronic device. Other than that, it works great.  It's a wonderful tool for emptying my checking account, although they haven't sent me a stock certificate yet........:smileywink:

I am a tad worried about the charging cable - something may be loose like it's about to break, and I often have to pay close attention when plugging it in or it won't "seat" correctly. 

Inspired Wordsmith
my9cats
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Bought Classic Nook last April. No problems. Gave it to my sister when I bought the NC in February (or was it January?).

Two issues which are not biggies:

1) the hypersensitivity of the screen. All I have to do is put my finger near the screen and the pages flip. I'm thinking of buying the screen-whatever-it-is-called.

Need opinions as to which kind is the best. Also need opinions as to how best to clean the screen before installing the screen-whatever-it-is-called.

2) It takes several hard taps to start up a movies. Doesn't matter if it's in the gallery or memory card file. Does anyone else have this problem?

Other than these, I love love love my NC.

Nook Color Wallpapers
Correspondent
valkatrina
0 Kudos

I have had my NC since 1/21 and had any problems at all. :smileywink:

Wordsmith
melouria
0 Kudos

Have had mine since Thanksgiving and have had no problems. (knock on wood!)

akaCat
0 Kudos

I've had the touch screen get uncalibrated or otherwise weird a few times, which a hard reboot always fixes, Twice in about five weeks of use it's powered off with no warning, with no ill effect beyond having to wait for it to boot back up. Neither problem was worth the bother of exchanging it.
Inspired Correspondent
RLS_Portland
0 Kudos

No problems here, other than minor gripes that solved themselves (sticky USB) or required a full off-on cycle.

mister-j
0 Kudos

Nook 3G for over a year, no problem only enjoyment.  NC since Christmas and the only problem has been a problem syncing with shop a couple of times and powering down has fixed that each time.  They both have lots of eyeball prints and are still going strong.

Contributor
irishais
0 Kudos

The only issues I've ever had on mine were with the screen freaking out if I was near steam, and the screen protector solved that.

My cat trying to chew on the corner of it, however... :3

However, has anyone had any trouble posting in the forums with the NC if not on the HTML settings of the Reply screen? I can't seem to get the screen to bring up the keyboard if I'm in Rich Text; I figure it's just the way the browser is, but I'm kind of curious to hear everyone's responses.

Contributor
momrocks5
0 Kudos

I got mine in November also. I haven't had a single issue. I'm just plain lovin It!!!