Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
IamKat

Problem free Nook Color

I've seen more than a few posts about NC issues, having to exchange the first for a second, cords that don't work and various other issues.  How many people have had few to no issues with their nooks?  I haven't had any problems (having said that maybe I jinxed myself).  Just wondering!

Distinguished Correspondent
lvmync
0 Kudos

Re: Problem free Nook Color

Fingers and toes crossed...I've had none. :smileytongue:

American by birth, Texan by the grace of my Parents.
Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

The issues I've had have been 100% self-inflicted.

The device itself has taken quite a bit of me fiddling around with how it runs and works great. 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Distinguished Scribe
normysmom
0 Kudos

We now have 2 NookColors - one from mid-February from B&N and one from late-March from HSN.  Both have been relatively problem free.  The biggest issue was a dirty screen causing the touch screen to freak out.  Wiping it totally clean and getting an anti-glare protective cover seems to have done the trick.  Any other weirdness has been corrected most often by putting it to sleep (not powering down).  The only issue I see is trying to shop or sync on Fridays - but that seems to be an issue of the B&N servers, not my devices. ;0)  (KNOCK KNOCK ON WOOD)

Nothing like a fire, a cat and a good Nook!
Distinguished Correspondent
LGman
0 Kudos

lvmync wrote:

Fingers and toes crossed...I've had none. :smileytongue:

Same here!

My Up volume button is dual funtion as I can also turn down the volume depending on where I press on it, but I can live with that.
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

Have a nook 3G+wifi and a nook color. The 3G has had no problems at all. The nook color hasn't had anything a full power down didn't fix.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Inspired Contributor
Gottaluvit
0 Kudos

I honestly believe that many of the true issues will be solved when the update or updates(not sure how BN will do. Updates) are released.
Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Zero problems last 12 months. Had the Classic first and gotsa the Color in Jan. Been running like champs.
"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/
Frequent Contributor
SyJustice
0 Kudos

I've had mine for 4 months now...and nary a problem....and I use it almost daily for both purchased items, magazines, surfing the web and side-loaded library books.

Inspired Contributor
nookloverjf
0 Kudos

I also have not had any problems with my nook color. I should be happy, but where is my update :smileyhappy:
Inspired Contributor
Terry27AZ

I actually did have a problem with my original NOOK 3G...after several weeks of problem free enjoyment, the 3G stopped working and wouldn't connect no matter what I tried. After a couple calls to CS and a trip to my Local B&N it was deemed defective so they very graciously offered to replace. As I was anxiously waiting for the very helpful sales rep to set me up with my new NOOK I was tempted by the NOOK color....I asked about it...played with it....(I think I drooled on it)...then asked If I could upgrade to the color and just pay the difference. I did not expect a yes. But that is what I Got! It was an awesome customer service Experience! I LOVED my original NOOK. I'm OBSESSED with my NOOK color and it is giving me no real problems and believe me...all my spare time is taken up with this portable beauty. Hear! Hear! For my local B&N! Now...If I can just get away from these forums so I can finish my latest book...
Inspired Contributor
BrianMcE
0 Kudos

I've had some software glitches(rooted) but no hardware issues.
Frequent Contributor
William-Wilson
0 Kudos

My NC has also been problem free. It functions exactly as advertised and I have not had a single issue with it. I'm lovin it!.....:smileyhappy:
Happiness is a choice.
Contributor
NevermoreNC
0 Kudos

I have had mine since December and it has been almost completely problem free.  On one or two occasions I have had to do a reboot to address a software issue but that is pretty much par for the course for all technology.  The only hardware issue I have is the fact that the USB plug is a bit finicky about the angle at which it is inserted into the NC but that is not big deal. 

Correspondent
NatashaC
0 Kudos

So far so good over here! :smileyhappy:

Live each day to the fullest because tomorrow is not promised!
Contributor
AllyTrash
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I've had mine since day one in November and I haven't had any problems with it other than finicky charging cord that came with it. If you didn't really pay attention to how you were inserting it you could not get it engaged. I have been using my (android) phone charging cord instead and that problem has disappeared. Smooth sailing now, just me and my Nookcolor. :smileyhappy:
Absorb what is useful, discard what is not. Add what is uniquely your own. - Bruce Lee
Inspired Contributor
Terry27AZ
0 Kudos

Yes...my USB charger for the NOOK color is temperamental..I'm hearing there is a valid reason for the new connector...something about keeping the NOOK color from over charging...not sure that is the true reason for the change..but I'm no expert. I must say that I miss the days when my original NOOK 3G Wi Fi and my Android phone both used the same charger..very Convenient! But not so much that I regret upgrading to the color NOOK...Sooooo worth It! Even without the elusive and much coveted Upgrade!
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Personally I have had none. And hope it remains that way.

Inspired Contributor
Terry27AZ
0 Kudos

Don't get me wrong. I've been grinding my teeth for months waiting for the upgrade. The charger issue I can live with. Not having a FABULOUS calendar app or alarm app to remind me to do all those things I truely don't want to do..but need to do...when I could be reading a GREAT BOOK? WAIT! Rewind.....
Inspired Contributor
Deadpoe
0 Kudos

I've had my Nook Color sinnce the day before Thanksgiving and a Nook 3G for 8 months before that.  I have never had any problem with either one.