Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
doubleplusgood

Pulse App

First time poster. I'm really impressed with the Pulse App for viewing news and other information. It's a really slick looking presentation. And its free! Anyone else using this?

Contributor
Durfman
0 Kudos

Re: Pulse App

Pulse is great. I use it on my iPhone.

Rob

Inspired Contributor
revkev313
0 Kudos

Yes, downloaded it right after update and really enjoy the look and feel.

Reading will unlock mysteries of the Universe
Inspired Correspondent
zenaxe
0 Kudos

Durfman wrote:

Pulse is great. I use it on my iPhone.

Rob

+1. I've been using it on the nook for a long time now and my Droid as well. It was one of the first things I recommended to rooters on the nook. Glad to see they've put it on their shop.

Distinguished Correspondent
ukscone
0 Kudos

i'm loving pulse, never knew it even existed. it's a bit like a web app/page i did 10 years ago for my own personal use.

the only problem i am having is setting up twitter on it. when i say login to twitter and i allow pulse on twitter (on the NC) it shows a page with a number and some instructions that disappears almost as soon as it appears and i can't read it as pulse goes back to settings immediatly.

anyone know how to get twitter feed working on pulse as if i can get that working i'll be happy as a lamb in clover

Contributor
balidog

I loaded it to my NC yesterday after the upgrade and like it. Great news awareness tool.

Question, 

I noticed Pulse was installed on my SD Card and when I go the the Pulse folder while in the NC, I see files with a large red?, there are 248 of them now.  Should I worry about this, delete them or reinstall Pulse on the NC instead of having it on the SD Card?  I guess when I originally installed Pusle, my SD Card was installed on the NC and it was the default storage for Pulse.  I installed Fliq Notes but not sure where that eventually installed. Thanks.

Frank

Contributor
2ndfiddle
0 Kudos

I think I will really like Pulse, but is there any way to get a better-looking icon on my home page? What I have looks like a blue book with the name Pulse and the name of the developer.
Frequent Contributor
ledmy
0 Kudos

Great app and i have same problem on my home page : gray book
Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

2ndfiddle wrote:
I think I will really like Pulse, but is there any way to get a better-looking icon on my home page? What I have looks like a blue book with the name Pulse and the name of the developer.

I don't want any apps on my home page, however how I got rid of the "generic" icon for another app (Nook Word of the Day)  yesterday was to completely delete the app (done on bn.com) and then "repurchase" it on my NC, and I have the correct icon. It's remained the correct app through reboots and sleeps and syncing with B&N.

Hope that helps!

Distinguished Correspondent
TNTLamb
0 Kudos

There are number of things you can add to pulse making it even cooler (and requiring less individual apps) My wife has her weather tracker and an eartquake tracker on hers (shes an earth science teacher)

There are 293 ways to make changes for a dollar.... No wonder we see things differently
New User
DonLedford
0 Kudos

Love Pulse -- it's what makes the NC a "reader's tablet" and the best part of the upgrade. Just one question: Does anyone know if there is a way to add another page to the display? I haven't filled up all five of the pages yet, but eventually I will. What then?

Frequent Contributor
Red_Reign_Six
0 Kudos

I enjoyed using Pulse, but after the 'Reset' we all went through I decided to leave my WiFi off.  Maybe in a few more months I'll start leaving my WiFi on for appropriate apps. 

Correspondent
scjohanson5
0 Kudos

I love the Pulse app also.  It will also use your Google Reader feeds.  You can just pick the ones that you want to view in Pulse.

Contributor
Dirty_Laundry
0 Kudos

I really like the Pulse app, but....

It is slowly adding files to my SD card.  Do I manually delete them or is there a way

in Pulse to clean out old "stuff"?

It's up to 260 items with nothing but a big red ? in the icon box.

Anyone?  Help?  Please?? 

On the corner of Coming & Going
Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

Dirty_Laundry wrote:

I really like the Pulse app, but....

It is slowly adding files to my SD card.  Do I manually delete them or is there a way

in Pulse to clean out old "stuff"?

It's up to 260 items with nothing but a big red ? in the icon box.

Anyone?  Help?  Please?? 

I have them too, and could not find a way to clear them. I did not plug it into my compter though and try it from there.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Correspondent
crenita
0 Kudos

I thought Pulse was pretty nice until I checked my  SD card and it has added over 400 files in less than 2 hrs.. I can only imagine what it would have added over a WEEK....  The reason is so you can read OFFLINE but there isn't an option to stop that function... so it just keeps adding more and more files.

I Deleted those files and uninstalled Pulse..

I will fine a better way to get my news and weather.

Contributor
2ndfiddle

Just an fyi...the normal pulse icon showed up today. Not sure why - I certainly didn't do anything to change it. Maybe BN is working out these quirks one at a time since the update. Just think - if BN spent a lot of time responding to our complaints, they would not have time to fix the problems. I'm just trying to encourage everyone.
Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

All my icons self fixed today.

1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

crenita wrote:

I thought Pulse was pretty nice until I checked my  SD card and it has added over 400 files in less than 2 hrs.. I can only imagine what it would have added over a WEEK....  The reason is so you can read OFFLINE but there isn't an option to stop that function... so it just keeps adding more and more files.

I Deleted those files and uninstalled Pulse..

I will fine a better way to get my news and weather.

So I think the original question way how do/did you delete those files?

1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A

Distinguished Wordsmith
MaluhiaKana
0 Kudos

The squeaky wheel gets the grease.