Correspondent
ps56k
0 Kudos

Pulse - how to delete "x" news feeds

I've been using/playing with the PULSE news reader app.

I would like to delete some of the pre-defined news feeds,

and it appears that the little "x" that prefixes the news settings should delete the entry.

I have tried and tried clicking the little "x" - but nada -

How do you delete a news feed from Pulse ???????

Reader 4
Boydcarts
0 Kudos

Re: Pulse - how to delete "x" news feeds

I'm still pretty new to the Pulse app, but it looks like you can only delete content that you added yourself.  My guess is that it's some sort of marketing/content agreement the Pulse folks made with certain content providers.  Kinda like our inability to delete the sample cookbook on the NC.

Correspondent
ps56k
0 Kudos

yeah.... that's what I starting to think - you can't delete certain items -

that the Nook Color has certain features that you can't delete because someone paid big bucks to have that shovelware loaded into the device or app...

Feel like an idiot stabbing the screen to try and delete items that can't be deleted.

Wordsmith
daenas
0 Kudos

Go into "settings", manage sources, then click on the x of the one you don't want on that page.  The x's are really small and sometimes a pain in the butt to hit.  You just have to keep trying.  Same with adding sources to a page.  I've clicked on a source 10 times before it took.  Just got to get it "exact".

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

deanas is correct. It took me a while to figure it out. And I use my stylis instead of my finger tip.

Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

As has been said, you CAN delete them, but it takes a while. You can also move them to other Pulse "pages"... again, it takes patience. A whole lot of patience.

I would suggest making sure you like Pulse before doing this... after not much time I realized I was quite tired of getting what amounts to headlines, and then Pulse opening the web browser if I really wanted to read. That, combined with the hundreds (literally) of files it stored on my SD card, I decided it wasn't worth it and deleted it. Don't miss it all!

Wordsmith
daenas
0 Kudos

Serendip wrote:

As has been said, you CAN delete them, but it takes a while. You can also move them to other Pulse "pages"... again, it takes patience. A whole lot of patience.

I would suggest making sure you like Pulse before doing this... after not much time I realized I was quite tired of getting what amounts to headlines, and then Pulse opening the web browser if I really wanted to read. That, combined with the hundreds (literally) of files it stored on my SD card, I decided it wasn't worth it and deleted it. Don't miss it all!

Yeah, this is true too.  Might be quicker just to have bookmarks in your browser for the news.

Correspondent
ps56k
0 Kudos

BTW - what did you use for a touch stylus ?  

just a ballpoint pen (tip retracted)

I tend to go to Yahoo - main page - to see what's happening

Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

ps56k wrote:

BTW - what did you use for a touch stylus ?  

just a ballpoint pen (tip retracted)

I tend to go to Yahoo - main page - to see what's happening

The only stylus that will work is a capacitive one. Search will show the scores of posts about them. I have a Mountain Doodle one. I thought I would love it, I don't, and don't love any of the others I've tried. YMMV.

Distinguished Correspondent
Chubby8055
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

i personally love the Pulse App, after tailoring it to my specific needs and layout its normally the 1st app i open in the day and the last one i close at night.

I have always been a newsfeed junky for my hobbes Reef Tank,EQ,WOW, Football etc... so this app is perfect for me.

Chubbs