Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
gthchick8
0 Kudos

Question about adding a nook to my account / gift card question

I am looking into getting my kids ( 7 and 8) a simple nook or nook color to share, however I want to pick and choose what books to put on there, is there a way to limit what B&N books I put onto their nook when I add it to my account ? thanks,

2nd part of my question :

does anyone know how the email gift cards work to add to the nook color to purchase things ? with my birthday coming up some of my family want to go that route but I am not sure how that works,

Reader 4
majajv
0 Kudos

Re: Question about adding a nook to my account / gift card question

I can't speak to your first question but I can address the second one.  I got my Nook Color for Christmas along with a $50 gift card.  When I set up my account with BN it needed a credit card but it also has a gift card area where you can add up to 3 gift gards.  I have purchsed several "special priced" books as well as two apps so far (spending around $25) and the charges are deducted from my gift card.  Once that is gone it will charge my CC but I really like having the GC and have already stated that I want another for Christmas because it "frees" me to make purchases that I may not make otherwise.

HTH.

Jennifer