Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

Re: Reading While on the John

quote:

ou can't be serious!     No, there is NO chance of getting shocked lifting a NC out of water, no matter where the water is.

And, if you have the accidental damage portion coverage wtih Square Trade, yes, they will "cover" it....HOWEVER, the Square Trade warranty will ONLY cover the original cost of your NC ($250) LESS any shipping charges for the TOTAL life of the warranty.

You drop it and break it...anywhere....you'll get a check for $250 less the shipping cost back to them and you will no longer have a Square Trade Warrant.

Me: Now, on the square trade faq page, the question is asked if it covers theft and the answer was no, because the damage had to have happened during normal usage, ya da ya da ya da........

hehehe....You think Square Trade considers reading on the john normal use?

Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88
0 Kudos

To compulsiveread: Anything can happen, that's for sure. Good Luck! Happy Reading!
Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

Daughter is doing well thank you. It was a rough year that year, but she is cancer free now and has had her first (and probably only) child.

I've had homes with bathrooms where the commode is next to the sink. All kinds of things end up in the commode. Yuck...

I never take my Nook or NookColor into the bathroom because I KNOW what will happen!

Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

dvt88 wrote:
Come on people, reading in the John? How can you spend that much time on the John? Its just me, but l enjoy sitting on my couch! Oh, how could you drop your nookcolor in the john? If u did drop it in, I sure would'nt tell anyone LOL.

You must be a young peson or not have an affinity for bran. :smileywink:

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88
0 Kudos

To Desert_Brat: you may just be Right! Boy don't I wish I were young......... read On!

Distinguished Correspondent
Hermes737
0 Kudos

Sometimes...you need just a little "mental" relaxation while on the potty.

CURRENTLY READING - Heretics of Dune by Frank Herbert
Distinguished Wordsmith
SkinnyDennis

Hermes737 wrote:

Sometimes...you need just a little "mental" relaxation while on the potty.

I think of my business there as making a kindle movement. Helps a lot! :robotvery-happy:

My signature line is better than your signature line.
Frequent Contributor
chelle_belle
0 Kudos

HAHA! This is the FUNNIEST thread...roflol! Thanks!

Frequent Contributor
CasperAZ
0 Kudos

Am I the new David Letterman? :smileyvery-happy:

"The NOOKcolor Aficionado"
Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88
0 Kudos

To skinnydennis: That is freaking great, good Stuff!
Distinguished Wordsmith
SkinnyDennis

dvt88 wrote:
To skinnydennis: That is freaking great, good Stuff!

Thanks, I doo what I can!

My signature line is better than your signature line.
Inspired Contributor
Zxybabydoll
0 Kudos

To SkinnyDennis: OMG! That was freaking awsome! Hillarious!!! Plus, you can now live with the knowledge that I will now be thinking the same thing the next time that I use the potty. ...Priceless!!!
Frequent Contributor
pjafla
0 Kudos

This thread is great. One cannot listen to the news every day without getting cranky.

The world need more scatalogical humor.

Distinguished Correspondent
Ohbjuan
0 Kudos

Ok, to steal something from another thread, what do you call a Nook owner that reads their nook in the bathroom?

Inspired Correspondent
Panzertime
0 Kudos

Ok, So someone mentioned that their nook will not fit in their back pocket. It fits just great in my back pocket of you 501's. That is where I keep it when my daughter and I are in the store. I do have a new cover and I am guessing that it will no longer fit. That could cause a dilemma. Protection or convenience? Hmmm things to ponder.

I could just see it flipping out of my back pocket into the can. PROTECTION IT IS!!!

Reader 4
tengrrl
0 Kudos

If you really must read your Nook on the toilet or in the bathtub, seal it in a sturdy ziploc bag first. You'll have to try harder to use the touch screen, but it's not likely to get wet.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

If I were going to be using the bathroom long enough to have to read, I would either be sick or really need a laxative!!!!!!!!!!:smileytongue: And in either case I would not feel like reading.

www.redbubble.com/people/grinch
Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

Id be willing to bet that most BR readers have kids. :smileyhappy: I found the BR was the only room I could read uninterupted. The habit formed. And yeah hemoroids are a risk. :smileyhappy:
Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Inspired Scribe
Nevermore1
0 Kudos

phoneboy wrote:
Id be willing to bet that most BR readers have kids. :smileyhappy: I found the BR was the only room I could read uninterupted. The habit formed. And yeah hemoroids are a risk. :smileyhappy:

Would have to agree that the BR is one of the few places I get the quiet time to read.  Of course my 2 year old is now learning how to open/close doors so that may be going away soon. :smileyhappy:  And to think I had finally convinced my 13 year old to knock before entering a room and that whatever it is it can wait a few minutes until I'm out of the bathroom.

Inspired Scribe
geatdanemomDT
0 Kudos

I was the oldest child in the family growing up and always being called on to help. I would lock myself in the bathroom and make a pallet of folded towels on the floor to lie on and read. I could be in there for hours and no one would bother me.

Of course the dinner dishes were still waiting for me when I emerged, my mother was no fool.

http://quiltinharmony.blogspot.com/
1 Nook 3G/Wi/Fi
Nook Color stock
Nook Color / N2A