Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
j-andersonjma

Rejected Review - How to Fix

This review of Quickoffice Pro has been rejected for inappropriate language:  How can I fix it?

As originally submitted:

I am more than happy that I finally purchased this App because the file management is worth the price of the entire office suite. Within the file manager you can search, view, delete and move individual files on the SD card and internal memory. I like to delete Adobe Digital Edition books that I have returned to the library and in the past had to hookup the Nook to my computer to accomplish this. Now, Quickoffice Pro allows me to handle the task no matter where I am.

I have held off on purchasing this App for a long time because I was skeptical of working on a 7 inch screen. I have only worked with the word processor and the spreadsheet. I use Dropbox and Quickoffice Pro easily linked to this service and now when I save work Dropbox shows as a choice of where to save it. Excellent implementation of this "cloud" server capability. I keep three spreadsheets on my Nook Color and sometimes make changes while out and about. Before Quickoffice Pro and Dropbox I had to duplicate the changes on my main computer. Now, any changes I make are available on my computer and vise versus. This is not a synchronization scheme in that the files are not amended on each device but the new updated file is available in the Dropbox folder on both devices. Anyway, this is a very nice set of office tools that seem to work well. As I said before, the ability to manage files on the Nook Color is worth the price of the entire suite.

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 527

Re: Rejected Review - How to Fix

Hi j-andersonjma,

The answer is you don't need to fix it. Just PM me with the EAN & your email and I can unblock the review.

Our review filter was recently overhauled, however it is extremely sensitive and has shown to cause issues with simple words like price, etc. We are in the process of correcting this problem, but until then if you run into something like this just PM me and I'll have the review posted.

Sorry for all trouble with this.

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Inspired Correspondent
j-andersonjma

Thank you.  How do I "PM" you?  I assume that it means private message.  I do not understand "EAN" can you decode it for me?

Wordsmith
daenas
0 Kudos

BN_AlexG wrote:

Hi j-andersonjma,

The answer is you don't need to fix it. Just PM me with the EAN & your email and I can unblock the review.

Our review filter was recently overhauled, however it is extremely sensitive and has shown to cause issues with simple words like price, etc. We are in the process of correcting this problem, but until then if you run into something like this just PM me and I'll have the review posted.

Sorry for all trouble with this.

- Alex

And what about mine as well?  Neither contained "inappropriate" language but yet were flagged and do not need fixing.

Inspired Contributor
catarific
0 Kudos

Alex I PM'd you last evening with my email and the link to where my review was rejected.  I was not sure what you meant by EAN. 

Thanks,

Sue aka Catarific =^..^=

Inspired Contributor
catarific
0 Kudos

Daenas to send Alex a Private Message - Click on Alex's Avatar and it will take you to Alex's profile page - on the right of that page under contact,  it says send this user a private message.  Click on that and leave your message.  Hope that helps :smileyhappy:

Sue aka Catarific =^..^=

Inspired Contributor
catarific
0 Kudos

Thank you soooo much Alex for fixing this!  I so appreciate it!

Big hugs,

Sue aka Catarific =^..^=

Wordsmith
daenas
0 Kudos

catarific wrote:

Daenas to send Alex a Private Message - Click on Alex's Avatar and it will take you to Alex's profile page - on the right of that page under contact,  it says send this user a private message.  Click on that and leave your message.  Hope that helps :smileyhappy:

Sue aka Catarific =^..^=

Thanks!  I hope so too..  I'm still waiting for a responsive from a hidden review from a few months ago.

Daena aka---well, me!  :smileywink:

Distinguished Correspondent
SIGal67
0 Kudos

I am guessing the problem word is "hookup" which is slang for sex. Silly, but the filter seems to be over sensitive.

Inspired Contributor
catarific
0 Kudos

Re: Rejected Review - How to Fix - Here I go Again

Ok - I got an email to write a review about the nook color.  I wrote a very complimentary review and guess what - I am back again with the nasty red remark:

Your Review is no longer visible by others because it contains inappropriate language which violates our Terms of Use.   If you update your content, it will be reconsidered by our moderators within three business days. This message will be removed when your content is approved.    

If you check here - you will see my review - please tell me what I did wrong - I am getting so paranoid!

http://my.barnesandnoble.com/communityportal/reviews.aspx?viewid=2154252&ean=9781400532650&pc=

Wordsmith
daenas
0 Kudos