Inspired Correspondent
reader_824

Request as an ebook no longer available at online B&N

I'm disappointed to see the ability to request a title as an ebook from the publisher is no longer available at the B&N online site.  I know it's still available at Amazon for the kindle, but hope B&N will somehow make that option available again.  There are older titles from various authors I'd love to see and will buy in ebook format, but I don't know how to make this known to publishers.  I've tried writing the publisher, but get the response that they're not the ones who own the digital rights, and I've tried writing the authors.  The link that was available at the previous B&N online site was so much more convenient.

New User
Pollync
0 Kudos

Re: Request as an ebook no longer available at online B&N

I agree, we need to be able to access older books.  Not only people that have used Nooks for a while, but think of all us new users. 

Inspired Correspondent
DanRNJ
0 Kudos

That feature is already back on the B&N site.  "Want To Read Me On Your NOOK? Request as a NOOKbook from the publisher." appears just below the Hardcover/Paperback block if the book is not already available as a NOOK Book.

(The post you replied to was from last year.)

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

Thank you, Dan!  I'm delighted they've added that feature back in.

As I said in my original post, my emails to B&N were returned with the suggestion to email the publisher.  I tried that with no success....replies were always that that publisher didn't own the digital rights.  With an author like Linda Howard who has had lots of different publishers and who doesn't have a website...I think the only author who doesn't...I was frustrated trying to let somebody know her fans still love her earlier works...and want them available for our Nooks.