Wordsmith
ImmortalBeloved
0 Kudos

Re: Review of NC Covers

I have the Muriel cover in anenome as well and I really like it. It is lightweight and keeps the NC protected very well. I was nervous about getting one that didn't have some kind of closure so that is one of the reasons I went with the Muriel cover, because it had the elastic. I don't have any fraying on the fabric as of yet. My only complaint is that I feel it's pretty pricy considering it's one of the less fancy covers. 

I am curious how people like the ones that just close like a book cover with now closure.

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

ImmortalBeloved wrote:

I have the Muriel cover in anenome as well and I really like it. It is lightweight and keeps the NC protected very well. I was nervous about getting one that didn't have some kind of closure so that is one of the reasons I went with the Muriel cover, because it had the elastic. I don't have any fraying on the fabric as of yet. My only complaint is that I feel it's pretty pricy considering it's one of the less fancy covers. 

I am curious how people like the ones that just close like a book cover with now closure.

I did not see a need for a closure. I figure even if I drop it, and even if it opens when dropped it will still be protected. I was having a hard time shelling out $30 for the one I got but The less expensive ones have the elastic cords to hold it in place and I think the 3 pos clic lock is safer.

I'll add that when I am away from the house I keep in in the man purse when not using it.

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Wordsmith
ImmortalBeloved
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Good to know. I too like the covers that don't have elastic to hold the NC in place because I'm always worried it will stretch out. I'm sure your man purse is lovely.

Wordsmith
ImmortalBeloved
0 Kudos

leday wrote:

Desert_Brat wrote:

Those Oberon covers are beautiful. I just can't make up my mind on which one to get.

I like the Tree of Life in saddle ... and the peacock in blue ... and the dragon in red ... and the forest in green ... and the wolf in brown ... and the ....

Here's mine if you want to see what the Red Sky Dragon looks like in real use, including charm that Oberon sends with it, and a skin I got to match:  These covers are beautiful, VERY well made, VERY secure, VERY protective of my NC, and they will last FOREVER.  Well worth the price IMO.  They have handy pockets so I can store my extra SD cards, microfiber cloth and warranty info, and they feel like a quality leather-bound book in my hands.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wow it's so nice!! I really like these. I can't decide which one I like best.

Distinguished Correspondent
akaCat
0 Kudos

The Oberon covers are so gorgeous, I finally broke down and ordered one -- the Bold Celtic in sage.

The page doesn't say anything about it coming with a charm, I wonder if that was a limited promotion? I don't need one, but it would be neat to have.

Inspired Correspondent
NikiGunn
0 Kudos

akaCat wrote:

The page doesn't say anything about it coming with a charm, I wonder if that was a limited promotion? I don't need one, but it would be neat to have.

Both times I've ordered from Oberon I received a charm as a thank you gift, and I ordered my covers almost a year apart. I received a different charm, both with a Celtic knot pattern. (Both my Nook and NC have the Bold Celtic in black.) You'll probably receive one of the charms I did. They also sell the charms separately.

Inspired Scribe
orb9220
0 Kudos

At $72 shouldn't the charms be 24kt. Gold? :smileytongue:

"All I Know is...Last Night the Tele-Tubbies came out of the wall and Held Me Down while they put Devices in my Head!"
http://www.flickr.com/photos/orb9220/