Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
Prewittboy

Samuel L Jackson reading a bedtime story...

NOT SUITABLE FOR CHILDREN!!!!!

Samuel L. Jackson reading  the bedtime story Go The F K To Sleep. You can also download the unspoken version in the B&N Shop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yqVnCAiWHw&feature=player_embedded

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Re: Samuel L Jackson reading a bedtime story...

It is hilarious. I just happened to see that as well. Thanks for the link so everyone can see it, too. I know you aren't thirsty....
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Correspondent
seanmw
0 Kudos

oh wowww xD.

dothey have that for the Nook? I would definitely buy that

Let fly the Jolly Roger if none can be found to sell me red rum >=D!

Note to self: "red rum" backwards spells murder =S...
Is there a message in that? Idk *shrug*
Frequent Contributor
DinoKym
0 Kudos

So wrong and yet...I love it! Who better the Sammy Jackson to do this.

Contributor
kimikr
0 Kudos

lol I'm sorry, but I think all us parents have been there atleat once if not out load at least in our heads i loved it. Made my week thank you for sharing

Wordsmith
kingskidjan
0 Kudos

Thank you so much.  Since i once again have a toddler in the house--who would have figured at 64--I can definitely identify with it.  Too funny!!

Inspired Contributor
ToddK
0 Kudos

Audible is giving it away free - so the link is dead. B&N is selling the book, (no audio) for about $5 bucks.... sure wish we had an Audible app for the nook color. I guess it really IS time to root....
Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout

Brilliant marketing on Audible's part.  I bet they spent time figuring out how long to let the youtube link be viral before shutting it down.

It winds up getting the software installed and people motivated to explore it who wouldn't have looked into it before. 

Audible works fine on a nook color once you root, by the way.   Just in case anyone was wondering. 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Contributor
LauraBe
0 Kudos

I heard this was hysterical. I'll have to check it out once the kids are asleep. Gotta love Samule L Jackson.

Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI

Abusive and stupid. Not suitable for anyone. Have we sunk so low?
Contributor
MainMor
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

It is an adult book and not meant for Children. As to sunk so low... you never have been to /b channel on fourchan have you? lol This book is innocent compared to that which is out there.

And not suitable for anyone? lol I have to add in... I can make my own decisions on that one. This book... I can relate with kids I try to get to sleep every night.

Scribe
dfehling
0 Kudos

Bummer - they've removed the video due to copyright issues. I missed it. :smileysad:

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Attributed to Groucho Marx
Wordsmith
Droiddict
0 Kudos

I first heard about this on a Slate Magazine podcast and their hosts are all 20-30 somethings.  I don't even care to listen when they put an "explicit" language warning on the podcasts so will skip the free Audible but I do understand why young parents find it funny.