Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
japerry
0 Kudos

Should I de-Nooter?

Now that B&N has released the official new version, is it worthwhile to de-Nooter my NC and get the official version? I have several paid apps and many free ones that aren't available directly from B&N yet. Will they eventually become available again? Hmm??? I think having a flash-capable browser makes it worth it. I miss flash!! 

Owner of a Nook Color and a Nook Simple Touch

My First Short Story
Correspondent
julianka

Re: Should I de-Nooter?

It depends on how much you want Flash and how much the apps you're already using mean to you.  I de-Nootered and installed the new update - Autonootered was better, but there is Flash now.  Lame selection of apps is the problem.  They made some reading improvements, like being able to put sideloaded books on the home screen, archive samples, put a sample on your wish list (as opposed to "buy now" being the only option like it was before.)  But you still can't share quotes from a non-BN purchased book.

I don't regret that I did it but I am already wondering when the new version of Autonooter will be coming out. :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Wordsmith
NookonErik
0 Kudos

I'd advise you to keep your NC just the way it is until the new version of Autonooter comes out (hopefully soon).

I like my NC just the way it is so I'm not going to de-root and install the update until the Autonooter folks update their software. I'll also be looking for a guide discussing how to backup and re-install the apps I have now.

Nook Color Wallpapers
Frequent Contributor
sewingladyNJ
0 Kudos

having an android phone helps; i denooted, but all the apps i purchased for the nook, i can still see on my android.  And for the nook, once you purchase the app in the official android market - it will show up as long as you use the same email address.

Inspired Contributor
benjaminhuff
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Having waited for some time for the NC software I am pleased at how well integrated it all seems to be with the unit. The sound is terrific, applications download fast and are cheap and the usability of the NC is growing as more apps will be developed for the NC. Unlike Android Market, the NC Market will provide only clean and well working apps with value for those that like them. I would go to v1.2.

Good luck!

Wordsmith
mariel9898
0 Kudos

Use an app such as Titanium Backup to backup your data (your apps can be downloaded again) before you go back to stock.

I'm waiting for the new autonooter. Hopefully they will post it soon.