Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
MaluhiaKana
0 Kudos

So how many have went back to 1.1?

[ Edited ]

I did, to check on the video playback issue. I will probably go back and forth between 1.1 & 1.2 for a bit until I decide. I'm still debating whether any of the new apps are worth it to me.

Still not brave enough to root this thing. Someday perhaps.

Frequent Contributor
WingnutC150
0 Kudos

Re: So how many have went back to 1.1?

How did you get yours back to 1.1? I've not had any luck getting mine back to the old version
Distinguished Wordsmith
MaluhiaKana

[ Edited ]

Eight inturrupted boots. I wasn't sure it would really work, but it actually did.

http://nookdevs.com/Flash_back_to_clean_stock_ROM

Wordsmith
mariel9898
0 Kudos

If you did that you can root it. The new autonooter is still not out though.

Contributor
AGWoodard

I never updated.    I am still running 1.1.0 on a rooted Nook Color and it works very well.   The update just didn't offer me enough to change.    I am glad that for a lot of people it is working out well and they are enjoying it.   At least Barnes and Noble isn't telling us what we HAVE to do, unlike some Fruit Loops  :smileyvery-happy:

Distinguished Wordsmith
SkinnyDennis
0 Kudos

AGWoodard wrote:

I never updated.    I am still running 1.1.0 on a rooted Nook Color and it works very well.   The update just didn't offer me enough to change.    I am glad that for a lot of people it is working out well and they are enjoying it.   At least Barnes and Noble isn't telling us what we HAVE to do, unlike some Fruit Loops  :smileyvery-happy:

Heck, I'm rooted on 1.0.1! Sastisfied with where I am too.

My signature line is better than your signature line.
DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,242
0 Kudos

I'm back at 1.1 (rooted) as well.

2 Nook HD/8GB + 2 Nook HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 rooted
2 Nook Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1
2 Nook 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted.; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted;
Nook Color: B&N 1.4.3 rooted; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 (7.0"): Android 4.2.2 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
Frequent Contributor
axios
0 Kudos

I like 1.2 - video play back doesn't seem to be an issue for, so I am staying. Good luck to everyone who is having issues - I hope you find a solution soon.
Contributor
dtkpmom
0 Kudos

My NC had become a brick since the update.  Web browsing shut down after a page or two, books closed after a few pages, at first I could buy apps, but then the app store would close while browsing.  It would restart every now and then instead of just exiting the program.  Sound issues occurred.  Etc. you name it.  A visit to the store didn't help, a call to the 1-800 didn't work.  It was reset, erased, deregistered I don't know how many times. Trying to reinstall 1.2 didn't work.  They  told me to call back in a couple of days, that they would bump my problem up to the experts. 

Folling the instructions to you gave about the 8 interrupted startups reset it to factory which was 1.0.0 for me.  Everything works again.

In a few minutes I am going to again attept to sideload the update to see what happens. Wish me luck.

Contributor
dtkpmom
0 Kudos

BIG FAIL for me.  Newly downloaded and sideloaded 1.2 installed, but still can't web browse.  I may again restore 1.0 until I call the help desk again and find out what they say. 

Contributor
dtkpmom
0 Kudos

Does anyone know where I can get 1.1 download.  When I did the 8 interrupted boots, I get 1.0 back since that is what was on the Nook when I got it.   I deleted the 1.1 zip file from my pc a few weeks ago when cleaning it up.  I would like to have that back while I wait to see what response I get from support on my issues with 1.2 

Inspired Correspondent
zenaxe
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

AGWoodard wrote:

+1. I will probably try out 1.2 once it is rooted properly but it is nice that I don't HAVE to jack up my nook and unroot or do something drastic like switch to a custom ROM to keep using my system/books after the update.

I subscribe to several magazines and use the read in-store frequently but will not give up root at this point, so I'd switch to a custom ROM with the nook app and drop my mag subscriptions if I was forced to go to a stock 1.2.

I also don't want to give up solid MP4 playback and I don't use or care about Flash.

Distinguished Wordsmith
MaluhiaKana

dtkpmom wrote:

Does anyone know where I can get 1.1 download. 

Here you go:

http://images.barnesandnoble.com/presources/download/nookcolor/v1.1/Sideload_update.zip

Wordsmith
kingskidjan
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

So, as the OP stated.   Mine came with 1.0 and automatically updated   If they automatically update us to 1.2, can we delete the 1.2 and go back to stock and then load 1.1.  I am not rooted--yet but I want my wifi back.  In other words, how are you taking it back to 1.1 and will it hold once they do the automatic update?  Or do they do it by serial numbers once you have an update, do they assume you keep it?

Frequent Contributor
WingnutC150
0 Kudos

Finaly a version of 1.1 that I can get to load. I've been screwing around for a few hours trying to get another copy from a mirror site to actually function as it should.

For those who don't remember, this update functions exactly like the 1.2 update in that to make it happen first get rid of 1.2 (CWM restore to 1.0 or whatever method you prefer) Once that's done, and you're registered and everything is shiny again as 1.0, just download FROM THE LINK IN THIS THREAD (can't emphasis this enough, again screwing around with another frm a mirror site it's been a no go the whole time) and then drag and drop the file into the NC like you did with 1.2 (sideloading)  Eject the sucker, let it sleep and viola, 1.1.0. from there it's up to you.

I'm heading back to my old root, catch you guys on the flip.