Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
MrBanballow
0 Kudos

So then, do our Gift Cards work for Apps... ?

... and if so, any special way they need to be redeemed? I only ask that because I had redeemed a GC once before, intending to order a physical item from the site, only to find out where I had redeemed it was only good for Nookbooks.

Currently reading: The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol 1, Grimm's Fairy Tales
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Re: So then, do our Gift Cards work for Apps... ?

I would like to know also.
Scribe
03FLHT2
0 Kudos

I have a gift card on file and when I purchased the two apps today.  They were taken from gift card.

Correspondent
cybersmoke53
0 Kudos

The apps I purchased used my gift card 1st.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Awesome
Inspired Contributor
MrBanballow
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

... and this is GC redeemed under "Manage Gift Cards for NOOKbooks"?

Currently reading: The Complete Sherlock Holmes Vol 1, Grimm's Fairy Tales
Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

MrBanballow wrote:

... and if so, any special way they need to be redeemed? I only ask that because I had redeemed a GC once before, intending to order a physical item from the site, only to find out where I had redeemed it was only good for Nookbooks.

With gift cards if you want a physically shipped item, you enter the gift card at checkout.  It will not automatically select payment from a gift card on file.  You can use up to 3 gift cards per physical order.  So, if a physical order costs $200 and you have 4 gift cards valued at $50, $50, $50, and $20, use the three $50 ones.  The thing is if you do have a gift card on file, you can still enter its number and pin number at checkout and the one on file will still be available for nookbooks and all if there is still a balance.  If it was a $50 one and you bought something for $25 that is to be shipped using the gift card on file, you will still have $25 on it for nookbooks. 

I'd assume apps work the same way because you purchase them through the NOOKcolor shop, unless some app ends up being a subscription.

By the way all gift cards are handled the same way.  Some think because a gift card says it's for ebooks that it can only be used for that, but that's not so.  I used one for a physical order and it worked fine.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.