Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv

So who will we count on to shout from the roof top....

....that  the update is ready....how about you phoneboy...you are so on top of things.

Inspired Correspondent
Andromeda208
0 Kudos

Re: So who will we count on to shout from the roof top....

As in roof top.....

Inspired Correspondent
Panzertime

Thing is if Phoneboy does it will we all think it is a joke? I mean there was the whole April fools day thing!:smileyvery-happy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Panzertime wrote:

Thing is if Phoneboy does it will we all think it is a joke? I mean there was the whole April fools day thing!:smileyvery-happy:

And he has such a convincing straight face.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Panzertime wrote:

Panzertime wrote:

Oh....I forgot...he may not be trustworthy of such a lofty commission. hmmm...

We don't want to pay people again to give him a wedgy.

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238
0 Kudos

phoneboy, riffraff, or yocalif.  If it comes between the 14th and 16th I'll be out of town, so I'm counting myself out here.  :smileywink:

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Nallia wrote:

phoneboy, riffraff, or yocalif.  If it comes between the 14th and 16th I'll be out of town, so I'm counting myself out here.  :smileywink:

you were my next choice. well certainly you can post during the reception.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1
0 Kudos

I would have to say, phoneboy, riffraff, nallia, yocalif or deemure. I would have said you Doreenpv, but your going to be gone. But I bet we see the first thread from phoneboy.

www.redbubble.com/people/grinch
Nallia
0 Kudos

Doreenpv wrote:

Nallia wrote:

you were my next choice. well certainly you can post during the reception.

Seeing as how it's my immediate family, I just might be available to post from my phone!  :smileywink:

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Nallia LMAO...well honestly I bet there will be many shouting out that first upgrade post.

Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,259
0 Kudos

I'm not sure about rooftops, but I suspect that when it arrives we will see at least a dozen new threads created here announcing it.  :smileywink:

- Mark

Mark_OB1
Topics: 23
Kudos: 1,259
0 Kudos

> I suspect that when it arrives we will see at least a dozen new threads created here announcing it. <

Oh, and then dozens more discussing it.

And finally, probably a dozen more denouncing it.  :smileyhappy:

- Mark

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

Ooh ooh. Pick me pick me. Ooh ooh. :smileyhappy: nalia, pm your cell # ill keep ya in the loop. :smileywink:
Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Inspired Wordsmith
dvt88
0 Kudos

I'm pretty sure we/they picked up. Stay on top of This!
Nallia
0 Kudos

phoneboy wrote:
Ooh ooh. Pick me pick me. Ooh ooh. :smileyhappy: nalia, pm your cell # ill keep ya in the loop. :smileywink:

I bet you would, too!  :smileyvery-happy:  Don't worry, I'm sure I'll be checking.  :smileywink:

Inspired Correspondent
Angulimala

No guarantees, since I don't get much headway it depends if I'm opening or closing, but if I get some information about the release date/time, I'll try to give you all a suggestive heads up to, ahem, keep your nookcolors on, plugged in, and WiFi ready if I feel it wouldn't cause problems.

Nallia
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Angulimala wrote:

No guarantees, since I don't get much headway it depends if I'm opening or closing, but if I get some information about the release date/time, I'll try to give you all a suggestive heads up to, ahem, keep your nookcolors on, plugged in, and WiFi ready if I feel it wouldn't cause problems.

Aww, that's so great of you, thanks!  I don't remember who it was last time, but we had an someone tell us when the employees were told to update all of their floor models for the last update.  So we knew to look for the update.  :smileyhappy:

Contributor
kimikr
0 Kudos

I bought a nook color today and was told the update was happening with in the next two weeks by the sales lady, so its more of the wait and see LOL now if I could get the new color away from my son so that  I can play with it LOL

Inspired Correspondent
Panzertime
0 Kudos

kimikr wrote:

I bought a nook color today and was told the update was happening with in the next two weeks by the sales lady, so its more of the wait and see LOL now if I could get the new color away from my son so that  I can play with it LOL

Welcome to the madness. :smileyvery-happy:

I know what you are talking about! If I bring mine out and my daughter see's it she WANTS it. She loves flipping from the book to the main page so she can pick something else. The read to me books are her favorites.

Have a great time with your NC when you get to use it! :smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Angulimala wrote:

Thank you so much. If anything we can def be on the look out. This thread reminds me of Adele's song "Rumor Has It"