Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

MTX
Reader
MTX
0 Kudos

Spades app

I have noticed that the NC has just about every popular card game except Spades...any idea when a Spades app will be available?

The new Kindle has a Spades app!!

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
0 Kudos

Re: Spades app

Hi MTX,

Thanks for the post!

I'm not sure when we'll have a spades app or if there are plans for one. But, this is perfect for our feedback & Idea board. 

Hopefully if something like this garners enough support in the community, we can then push it to our devs & product managers.

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Reader
nookfanNV
0 Kudos

I would like a Spades app also for my husband to play on his Nook.  He is an avid Nook game player and is ready for a different card game.  Spades is one of his favorite card games.  Both of us spent most of this evening going through all your apps, looking for Spades.

Correspondent
Perry_Mason
0 Kudos

There is a nice free app for the Kindle Fire.  Do a search on the boards here and you will find a discussion about how to install the Kindle App on the NC without rooting.  There's also a nice Hearts game by the same vendor that's also free.  

MTX
Reader
MTX
0 Kudos

Just checked and B&N now has a Spades app for .99. It's pretty good but not fantastic...better than nothing I guess.

New User
SouthernTouch
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Our company, SouthernTouch Technologies, just submitted our Spades app for the Nook Color and Tablet.  The app is already available on the Kindle Fire, iPad, iPhone/iPod Touch, Windows Phone 7 and the BlackBerry PlayBook.  We have received one professional review for the PlayBook version from CrackBerry.com - http://crackberry.com/southerntouch-spades-addictive-card-game-blackberry-playbook

This is our first submission to B&N--hopefully it will be approved this week.  I'll post again when it's available.

Thanks,

Darwin Pinder

www.SouthernTouchTech.com

Edit - forgot to mention pricing.  SouthernTouch Spades will be available for $0.99.