Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Reality4U
0 Kudos

Suggestions Instead of Complaints

A lot of complaining was done while we all waited for the update, and now that it's here there seems to be a fair amount of complaining still. If the devs do read these posts then it might be helpful to have the wishlist in one place. I have a feeling there will be a 1.2.1 coming soon to address some things that were overlooked along with the usual bug fixes.

I would like to see a "go to top" button for web pages, and flash vids are grainy (anyone else?)

Inspired Correspondent
MattFL
0 Kudos

Re: Suggestions Instead of Complaints

I'd like to see an unshelved books shelf, like on the Nook Classic

Correspondent
moogs

Reality4U wrote:

A lot of complaining was done while we all waited for the update, and now that it's here there seems to be a fair amount of complaining still. If the devs do read these posts then it might be helpful to have the wishlist in one place. I have a feeling there will be a 1.2.1 coming soon to address some things that were overlooked along with the usual bug fixes.

I would like to see a "go to top" button for web pages, and flash vids are grainy (anyone else?)

A good ereader with the functionality of multiple fonts/sizes/adjustable line spacing/margins and a true night mode...white letters on black background. You know...Aldiko. 

New User
digimoi
0 Kudos

What I'd love to see would be an unlock feature that could be engaged or disengaged from any app or feature, so we could control what could be accessed by other people without entering the lock pattern. For example we could set it so that our library could be accessed without entering the pattern, but in order to open the store, one would have to complete the unlock pattern.

This would be a great help to anyone who lets their kids play games or read books on their nooks, or for anyone who loans their nook to an adult to try out (so they can't access email or buy books on the owner's credit card.)

Distinguished Wordsmith
PeterDe

A PDF reader that actually reads PDFs and not dislays red "X". This was complained about since day one. The only response after 5 months is a paid medioric reader. Go figure.
Some people can't see the forest for the trees!

4 Nook Household, 2 NOOKs, 2 NOOKcolors
Inspired Contributor
GeoffWill
0 Kudos

File manager and a better gallery

Distinguished Correspondent
DaveAvl
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Email:

- ability to display messages in a larger font

- ability to easily suspend the app so it won't keep running in the background when at insecure public-wifi hotspots

- honor the "always use https" browser connection option in Gmail account settings

Web browser:

- ability to handle https: pages for better security at public wifi hotspots

- ability to make all flash items appear as "click to run"

(It turns out there is a way to do that - see henhowc's post in the "cannot disable Flash" thread :smileyhappy:)

Frequent Contributor
rmsmi
0 Kudos

Frequent Contributor
rmsmi
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I'd like the ereader to be able to read in landscape and provide pinch and zoom capability. Not just for magazines and websites. Basically, it would nice for the ereader to read more than just novels.

Inspired Correspondent
THE_Waldo
0 Kudos

I'd like for multi-touch to return to the Gallery so I can crop images for wallpapers again.

Nook Color Shortcuts
(By ME!)

1. Add Caffeine
2. Add Internet
3. Stir profusely
4. ?????
5. PROFIT!!