Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure

The Big U and the Easter Bunny

Everyone is waiting for the Big U, the u that shall not be named, also known as that which does not exist. 

What most of you don't know is that the Easter Bunny is bringing it.  And it will be up to you to find it.  For those of you that don't "celebrate" Easter, never fear.  For the purposes here he is merely a token and is henceforth to be name EB.  Since even for religious types he has more to do with Spring than with any holy event.  So, no offense intended.

EB will be hiding the U and it will be up to each of us to find it.  The first to do so will win, well nothing.  You get the U, so what else do you want, you selfish things, you.

Just please do not cease looking for the Big U lest it end up rotting somewhere in a corner and stink up the place.  There will be only so many to go around, so arrive early, wear light clothes, and give no ground to those other greedy potential Big U owners (you know who they are, the ones with the HSN initials).  Above all, make sure you represent your community well.  Now if EB would just get here.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Distinguished Correspondent
lvmync

Re: The Big U and the Easter Bunny

When EB drops of the U can I get some chocolate? Chocolate is always good at this time of year...or any time of year. :smileytongue:

American by birth, Texan by the grace of my Parents.
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv

I am laughing so hard over here cause I just saw Hop.

deemure

[ Edited ]

lvmync wrote:

When EB drops of the U can I get some chocolate? Chocolate is always good at this time of year...or any time of year. :smileytongue:

Shhhsh!  Chocolate is only for true BN NOOKcolor owners.  Not pretenders.  You must use your decoder ring to access the chocolate vault.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
deemure
0 Kudos

Doreenpv wrote:

I am laughing so hard over here cause I just saw Hop.

Hop looks really cute.  I'm sure it was good.

Contributor
Txdoglover
0 Kudos

Just don't eat the jellybeans:smileywink:

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

The adorable bunny's name is EB. No need to tell you what it stands for?

Yes..it was excellent.

Inspired Correspondent
EarthTiger13
0 Kudos

Ooo, ooo, oooh! I love hunting . . . and pouncing, but definitely hunting. :smileywink: I'll try not to pounce to hard on the U when I find it. :smileyvery-happy:
[singing] The wonderful thing about tiggers / Is tiggers are wonderful things / Their tops are made out of rubber / Their bottoms are made out of springs / They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy fun, fun, fun, fun, fun / But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one / IIIII'm the only one! [growls] ~ Tigger
deemure
0 Kudos

EarthTiger13 wrote:
Ooo, ooo, oooh! I love hunting . . . and pouncing, but definitely hunting. :smileywink: I'll try not to pounce to hard on the U when I find it. :smileyvery-happy:

Yeah you might break it, then, then, we would have to hurt you.

Inspired Contributor
Gottaluvit
0 Kudos

Just too funny !! Thanks for the laughs on a chilly rainy day. Now off to plan out my search for the big .... shhhh, I almost spoke about thou that shan't be mentioned. :smileysurprised:
phoneboy

I can see it now...Mommy.....mommy can we go find the easter egs yet...Mommy? Leave mommy alone honey, go watch TVwith your sister...DAMN IT....WHERE THE FECK IS IT!!!!!!
Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
deemure

phoneboy wrote:
I can see it now...Mommy.....mommy can we go find the easter egs yet...Mommy? Leave mommy alone honey, go watch TVwith your sister...DAMN IT....WHERE THE FECK IS IT!!!!!!

The Big U is hidden outside.  You may even have to drive to find it. So, go get in your cars now.  Avoid the temptation to look at the Barnes and Noble site before going.  Trust me.  It won't be there.  It will be in one of several places pre-designated in your largest city nearby.  It will most likely be hidden under the largest tree next to City Hall in that city.  It will only come out when you are down on all fours and howl at the moon. Yes, the moon. Then you must jump up and sing "I'm a Little Teapot" in your best falsetto.  No substitutes will be allowed.  Now, be good little nooklets and get moving, time's awasting.  The rest of us will wait here for your return.

Inspired Wordsmith
my9cats

Dang!!

Giving the title a quick glance I read, "A Big FU from the Easter Bunny".

ROFLMAO

Nook Color Wallpapers
Distinguished Correspondent
mister-j

Quiet, we're hunting Wabbits.:smileyhappy:

deemure
0 Kudos

Now that the majority of U hunters have toddled off and gotten arrested for bizarre behavior (not related to public drunkenness), the rest of us can sit talking amongst ourselves.  We will be the first to obtain the coveted U once EB has hopped by.

Bwahahahahahaha!

Inspired Correspondent
EarthTiger13

I FOUND IT! I FOUND IT! - pounce, pounce, pounce - Oooops, I think I broke it. :smileysad: -sniff sniff - Nevermind it's just my catnip toy. :smileyvery-happy:
[singing] The wonderful thing about tiggers / Is tiggers are wonderful things / Their tops are made out of rubber / Their bottoms are made out of springs / They're bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy fun, fun, fun, fun, fun / But the most wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one / IIIII'm the only one! [growls] ~ Tigger
Distinguished Wordsmith
1katie

I knew I shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque..

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.