Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

The totally offensive thread! Spill what you always wanted to say (or have said) to forumners.

This thread is meant to be *fun* and communicative of feelings that sometimes get lost in other threads.  Many times, posts are made without explaining the personal backround behind them that they come from.  Those could be things that people think are personal attacks and such.  This is not the thread to attack people in, but to let them (or me :smileywink:) know what boils your blood.

I get angry when people post about the bible but it's really an advertisement for jesus.  It always seems to contain a condescending attitude that belittles those who don't believe in jesus.  Maybe that's why those threads always go bad.   Ask about a book (bible or otherwise), fine... Make a proselytising statement and I'll run amok in your thread.

I get angry when I see the hate from the rebublicant/teapotty regime.  Many seem to be so filled with hate, fueled by religion gone wrong,

I get angry at myself when I respond to those threads and then they claim they are the victum when they basically stated they'd kill me.

I get angry when somebody asks for help but blatently admits they were too lazy to search.  Those people get a snarky response and no help.

I get angry when I drink and get angry and then have a meltdown (some of you may have noticed that on occasion :smileyvery-happy:).. but mostly for the above mentioned reasons.

I get angry at trolls even though I may be considered, by some, one myself.

I get angry at B&N for delaying the API's for kid's books publishing.  Screwed me out of thousands of dollars as I had to choose between one or the other (of another site I run who's timing is extremely bad that they coincide).

I'm angry that I'm angry.  But there's always therapy isn't there?

Add you own.  Please keep them 'nice', no personal attacks, but VENT and let people know what pisses you off.

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52

Re: The totally offensive thread! Spill what you always wanted to say (or have said) to forumners.

It bugs me to no end the people who don't know how to use, connect to or figure out their own home networks and then blame B&N customer service or the NC or both.Then they read another post from someone else who can't figure out their wifi and use that as confirmation that the problem is the NC not their old out of date router or the fact that they are trying to use the router login as the security key.

But that's just me.:smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Correspondent
LarryinGa

Re: The totally offensive thread! Spill what you always wanted to say (or have said) to forumners.

Relax. I am happy.
Life is wonderful!
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff

Actually, it's no more fair to say the Tea Party folks are filled with hate, than it would be to say that all Democrats gather at polling places to intimidate voters. The way you reference them as "teapotty" gives away your agenda, btw.

With you on the jesus ads, though.    Got my own:

:smileyvery-happy:

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Distinguished Correspondent
dgiznya
0 Kudos

What bugs me are the useless posts that make a thread run on and on and have no bearing on  the OP's topic.

Sure I am guilty of it from time-to-time but I see it all the time in these forums.

DG

Someone once said "Ignorance is Bliss".
I have no idea if this is true, but I sure am happy!
Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

happy people don't post on forums.  Add that to the things that piss me off.

Happy people are too busy doing happy things... only the bitter bother here.  Off with her head!!! (/wink)

Behold the Glory and Grace of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Let His noodly appendage touch you. Swallow the sauce for it is the blood of innocent tomatoes. So sayeth the FSM. Pasta for Peace!
Distinguished Wordsmith
NookonErik
0 Kudos

I'm angry about the traffic light cameras that have appeared in my county . . . I've gotten two tickets @ $50 ea. in the last two months for "squeezing a lemon" on empty streets on two saturday mornings!

-Grrrrrrrrrrr . . . what a waste of my money!

Nook Color Wallpapers
Inspired Correspondent
LarryinGa

Happy! Happy! Happy!

Life is wonderful!
Contributor
Cr8z13

My anger is mostly in check thanks to meditation.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Grinchy1

I get angry when people start threads like this!!!!  KIDDING!!! Don't chop off my head!!!:smileytongue:

But I do get, I don't know if I would say angry, but I hate it when I someone starts a thread saying how awful the NC is or B&N is because they are having trouble figuring something out. Or something is not working right. Not everything 100% fail proof, and there is usually an answer or a way to fix it....try that before saying the device and all like it are no good!!!!!

www.redbubble.com/people/grinch
Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

I HATE HATERS HATIN on everything  :smileymad:

I HATE Hypocrisy..

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Inspired Correspondent
LarryinGa
0 Kudos

Can't we all just get along?
Life is wonderful!
Distinguished Correspondent
MadScntst
0 Kudos

I am angry that we have hugs not drugs. where is the war on hugs?

Tinkering with things best left untinkered......wait a second where does this thing go?
Inspired Wordsmith
Theriot_Publishing
0 Kudos

More drugs now! More drugs for everyone!  Halleloo!

Inspired Correspondent
Andromeda208

I just have 1 thing to add: Don't worry, Be Happy!

Bibliophile
Jenniisme
0 Kudos

phoneboy wrote:

I HATE HATERS HATIN on everything  :smileymad:

I HATE Hypocrisy..

Just sayin'?

Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

Less painful stress reliever  :smileywink:

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Wordsmith
melouria
0 Kudos

Theriot_Publishing wrote:

happy people don't post on forums.  Add that to the things that piss me off.

Happy people are too busy doing happy things... only the bitter bother here.  Off with her head!!! (/wink)

I don't consider myself bitter or unhappy.  I am loving life!  Bored maybe....yes, really bored.  Bored but happy!!!  :smileyhappy:

Inspired Wordsmith
beeyebickiebuy
0 Kudos

NookonErik wrote:

I'm angry about the traffic light cameras that have appeared in my county . . . I've gotten two tickets @ $50 ea. in the last two months for "squeezing a lemon" on empty streets on two saturday mornings!

-Grrrrrrrrrrr . . . what a waste of my money!

I am equally upset that the red light cameras were removed here.  These cameras generated millions that went to the police and fire departments, and trauma units in our hospitals, in addition to reducing the number of collisions, injuries, and deaths at intersection by those who choose to ignore traffic laws.  A definite win-win.  Plus these cameras didn't cost the city a single cent to install or maintain.

Contributor
lovespoms
0 Kudos

Phoneboy you really make my day with some of the funny pictures you post. I remember on one of the threads you taught another poster how to post a picture withva comment. I will try to find that thread