Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
NookonErik
0 Kudos

Thumbs Up for the Update - Post here . . .

Since there's no way to create and post a poll here . . .

I thought I'd see if we can generate a tally.

Like the Update?

Post up!

Nook Color Wallpapers
Correspondent
Ace7
0 Kudos

Re: Thumbs Up for the Update - Post here . . .

[ Edited ]

Facebook.com/CustomizingYourNookColor
Frequent Contributor
cokids
0 Kudos

Yup, have downloaded/bought a couple of apps and am happy to have a central location for email! With minor exceptions, i am happy with the update.

Beth

Reader 4
Mindtoi

Although the update doesn't do everything thing I was hoping and needs some polishing, I think it still deserves a thumbs up. You can see a definite attempt by B&N to find a happy medium between the capabilities of a full-fledged tablet and an ereader, with most of the focus put on keeping and even enhancing the reading experience. 

The update definitely fixed many of the lag issues I had before, too.

Frequent Contributor
NateSC
0 Kudos

Good for me... just got the NC with update yesterday at local BN and have added a few apps.

I like it.

Inspired Contributor
JedStarkiller
0 Kudos

I really like the update!

From the mind of me....

New Tech Support Forum - http://community.jvgeek.com
New User
digimoi
0 Kudos

I love love love the updates, especially the apps! And they couldn't have come at a better time... my family is taking a 20 hour (round trip) road trip over three days this weekend, and now we'll have something fresh and new to entertain our son, who just turned four.

Now if I can just stay alert for driving... I was up five hours past my usual bedtime playing around with Angry Birds and Tangram!

Contributor
dh73064
0 Kudos

I am a happy camper with the upgrade.  I normally do not have wi-fi access but have installed a few game apps for time killing when I do not want to read.  Any other things I need to do online I do from the home computer.

Inspired Contributor
slic2007

Since I purchased the NC as an eReader, I think the update is great.  I now have the ability to take notes, track tasks, and surf the web without all those little blue boxes all over the place (thanks to the flash update).  Took my NC to bed with me last night and watched a live stream of game 7 of the Vancouver/Chicago hockey game.  Let me see any other eReader on the market do that (and I didn't have to pay $500 for a 'pad').

There are still a few issues I'd like to see fixed but, I still think the NC is a fantastic device.

Contributor
love2nook
0 Kudos

i think the up date is great.   :smileyhappy:

Reader 2
mightyalto

I absolutely loved my Nook Color before & now it's even better. Nice job with the updates, B&N! Well worth the wait!

:smileywink:

Frequent Contributor
Awesome_in_MO
0 Kudos

Thumbs up!

Frequent Contributor
mrts511

I am happy with it as well. Bought it as a ereader, now its an ereader with bonuses. Thanks b&N
Distinguished Correspondent
Sardonic

A big leap forward...now some little steps to clean things up...
Distinguished Scribe
schatzieWI
0 Kudos

Love the update, love the beginnings of the app store. I really miss the automatic punctuation.
Reader 2
TivonaCat
0 Kudos

Back to the topic at hand....

2 thumbs up for the upgrade from me.   I mainly wanted the stock functionality and have not (and now will not) root mine so this just took it from very good to great for me.

My only complaint so far is my husband's budding Angry Bird addiction.  :smileytongue:(Personlly, I don't see the hype about the game now that I've tried it.)

Distinguished Wordsmith
NookonErik
0 Kudos

bump

Nook Color Wallpapers
Frequent Contributor
cristiansmom
0 Kudos

2 thumbs up for me! I bought as an ereader and was happy to see an update coming... I am happy with the update as they are just extras for me and my children.. LOVE IT!!

Debi

Contributor
Katluver
0 Kudos

I think its great.

Inspired Correspondent
mickeyquickrice
0 Kudos

I LOVE it! I love everything about it.No problems,I can check both of my email accounts! Youtube works great.I am very happy.

If I had a dollar for every book I have read I would be RICH!