Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
beemansdad
0 Kudos

URL kills browser

The  following  URL does  not work on the NC  browser:

http://www.eugeneymca.org/class_schedules.htm

When I try to get  it  , I am landing in the Library.

Wordsmith
Serendip
0 Kudos

Re: URL kills browser

[ Edited ]

Loads here on the NC, and looks just like it does on Firefox on my computer.

Frequent Contributor
rdut
0 Kudos

Link works for me.

Contributor
dtkpmom
0 Kudos

my browser after the update repeatedly crashes, some times right away, sometimes after browsing 4 or 5 pages, it doesn't seem to be triggered by a particular sight.  I Started having the problem on Monday immediatley after sidloading 1.2.  nook expert at store was on the phone for 2 hours with support on Tuesday, none of their solutions fixed it.  Still no asnwer Wed morning after an hour on the phone with support,  then yesterday  after 2 live chat sessions, they finally agreed to replace it.  So I am waiting on that to be delivered now,

Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,238

dtkpmom wrote:

my browser after the update repeatedly crashes, some times right away, sometimes after browsing 4 or 5 pages, it doesn't seem to be triggered by a particular sight.  I Started having the problem on Monday immediatley after sidloading 1.2.  nook expert at store was on the phone for 2 hours with support on Tuesday, none of their solutions fixed it.  Still no asnwer Wed morning after an hour on the phone with support,  then yesterday  after 2 live chat sessions, they finally agreed to replace it.  So I am waiting on that to be delivered now,

Interesting.  My browser started randomly crashing (with no error messages) about two weeks before the update.  It hasn't done it since I updated on Monday.

Inspired Wordsmith
chuck4prez
0 Kudos

hehe...you all fell for the ponzi scheme!

Seriously though, my browser just disappears on occasion.  More frequently with some sites than others.  My guess is those sites require some sort of something more than the NC can consistantly supply.  Post update, it happens at least 80% less often for me overall, but what i have come to understand is that not all NCs are created equally. 

Reader 4
oldsargeFL
0 Kudos

Contributor
LiLextreme
0 Kudos

My browser has been just closing itself & kicking me to Main NookColor screen A LOT since update (today most of all). I wouldn't mind so much but I hate that it resets & closes all my open browser windows too & just loads the one homepage like a new session when I start it back up.... normally it opens my last browser session the way I left it when I closed it....all previousvwindows open as well.
Frequent Contributor
DaKiltedOne
0 Kudos

The link you posted crashed me right to the book I was reading. The second time I tried I saw what I thought might be a YMCA logo... then I was back to my book.