Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Beachgirl75
0 Kudos

Unable to Download Apps

I just bought a couple of Apps--Werdle and Spider Solitaire. I got a message on bothnof them saying "Unable to Download, internal error. Reader does not support available file." I have a memory card, whichnI took out to see it that would make a difference. Nope. My NC is not rooted. I  also archived the first app then unarchived it. No help there either. Any suggestions?

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
Frequent Contributor
Tsquare58
0 Kudos

Re: Unable to Download Apps

I am having the same problem. I replied to a post on the NC Tech board where someone else has had the same issue. Does anyone out there know what is going on?
Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

Have you tried powering your NC off completely?
"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Beachgirl75
0 Kudos

Yep. Did that too. Had no problems with downloads yesterday. Maybe it's something going on with B&N? The app icons sit on my NC with a green "install" below them. When I try to install them, then I get the unable to download box.

ukscone
0 Kudos

I now have no apps after doing an erase and deregister. it's almost as if i am running a pre 1.2 version of the nookcolor s/w although i'm not. 

Reader
tianky
0 Kudos

Same problem did you get help?
Beachgirl75
0 Kudos

Not yet. I did notice that both apps' order status is "not yet shipped". Maybe when they "ship" they will install? In the mean time, I archived them. Will try again later.

ukscone
0 Kudos

tianky wrote:
Same problem did you get help?

on the phone to CS at the moment, not looking good though for a resolution as their "standard" fix only makes things worse.

Inspired Contributor
Trekkie7
0 Kudos

Yesterday I purchased three Apps and it took about 8 hours to come through.  When I had the App problem before, when my apps all turned into "books," we took out the SD card, registered and re-registered (took about 3 minutes) and everything came back normally.  Unless you're in real deep *&^%, I, for one, do not recommend the BN "help" number (they are the ones that couldn't even help way back when there was the 1.2 update problems).  When I was having problems (Apps, factory-reset by itself, etc.), they didn't even know about the simple techniques for many problems and taking out the SD card.  The BN rep (when I went into store for the help) actually got mad at the "help" people.  They have a flow-chart help desk system, and they cannot deviate from it.  Try and get help from this forum - you WILL have much better luck!!!!!!! 

ukscone
0 Kudos

after being hung up on by the first CS guy i got a better one this time he did the normal suggestions and then told me that they'd just received a memo saying ther eis a problem with the apps backend and that management say it'll be 24 hours until it's fixed (so it will probably monday before it's really fixed)

SLevine
0 Kudos

I'm looking into this! Please continue to post any issues that you are encountering ...

Frequent Contributor
Tsquare58
0 Kudos

@ukscone thanks for the info I'll give it the weekend and try again.
SLevine

Hi all- I've regrouped with CS and have learned that there is a server problem right now with App downloads. I've replicated the issue now on my NC and it seems as though I can buy an app but it will not download, as you all have described. 

The problem has been escalated to the cloud team. In the mean time, I would archive the app(s) you have purchased, continue updating this thread with reports if you experience something new, and stay tuned- I will let you know when I have more information.

Wordsmith
JinSC
0 Kudos

Thanks for being on top of this, Sam!

Jeremy

Contributor
kimmie3
0 Kudos

I received this error today too.  I called CS.  They had me archive through my computer and then unarchive through the computer.  It worked.

Reader 2
maedchen
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

We had the same problem this morning.  Just tried again and both apps we tried worked (installed and are able to be used).

We didn't need to unregister / reregister or anything.  Simply just tried to install again and this time they worked.  The server fix must have been pretty simple - yay!

ukscone
0 Kudos

maedchen wrote:

We had the same problem this morning.  Just tried again and both apps we tried worked (installed and are able to be used).

We didn't need to unregister / reregister or anything.  Simply just tried to install again and this time they worked.  The server fix must have been pretty simple - yay!

yup looks like it's working now although i did have a hiccup with 3 apps but a rearchive/unarchive with a reboot in the middle fixed it

SLevine
0 Kudos

I've been told by CS that the issue has been fixed...please reach out to me via PM if you continue to encounter this problem. Thanks!

Beachgirl75
0 Kudos

Sam, Thanks for your help.  It's good to know my Nook wasn't having a problem. I spent the day at the mall and turned on my NC when I got home. Unarchived my new apps and had no trouble installing them. Must be the heat. My car registered 102 today.